Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Great music on Bandcamp from your home town

Not from my home town which is the hotbed of Irish country music but from the near neighbours in Carrickmacross (although I'm finding it hard to believe)

I didn't find anything musically all that good but I do quite like this album art:

1605620364859.png

It's only one hijacked airliner away from Blackpool's version of The Coup.

(I was just reading this Quietus column on Irish music, they mention the Mary Wallopers from Dundalk, are they one of your local teams?)
Dundalk is close. Yeah Dundalk has some good stuff, The Mary Wallopers, TPM (although I think they are the same band) and Jinx Lennon.

ps that article features Strange Passions from Finders Keepers that was compiled by my best mate. He's now compiling a book on early irish photography.

and an EP (only one track so far, it's being released early next year) of post-punky shoegaze from a band called White Flowers:

Was wondering if White Flowers were on your radar, and having done a quick search I see they are. They have a new EP out as of a week or so ago:

Was wondering if White Flowers were on your radar, and having done a quick search I see they are. They have a new EP out as of a week or so ago:

yeah I was listening to this the other day - not sure if I love them tbh, seem a bit too shiny for my tastes.

Pleased to note that the EP comes - as all EPs from Preston bands are obliged to do - with a fanzine of moody black and white photos of the bus station. :cool:

yeah I was listening to this the other day - not sure if I love them tbh, seem a bit too shiny for my tastes.

Pleased to note that the EP comes - as all EPs from Preston bands are obliged to do - with a fanzine of moody black and white photos of the bus station. :cool:
They were pretty good tonight, can imagine I'd grow to really like them with repeated listens/less people talking over them. Anyway, it's nice that Preston now has another bit of culture alongside Barney Farmer, the bus station, and I was going to say the Lovely Eggs but turns out they're from the other one.

They were pretty good tonight, can imagine I'd grow to really like them with repeated listens/less people talking over them. Anyway, it's nice that Preston now has another bit of culture alongside Barney Farmer, the bus station, and I was going to say the Lovely Eggs but turns out they're from the other one.
We're actually turning out quite a lot of acts who're doing ok atm - Evil Blizzard can fill a decent size venue, Blackhaine had a guardian profile a month or so back and is working with Kanye West, there's a few people making waves in the underground electronic scene... probably more people making music that might be heard outside of the city than since the Boo Radleys and Cornershop were a thing

A good bump! I'd forgotten about band camp. I'm going to have a good dig around now.

Baudelaire. Post punk outfit from the Black Country. Superb:

“Inspired by the bleak environment of their native Black Country, post-punk band Baudelaire explore the unlit corners of the human condition. Weaving gothic atmospheres together with industrial sonics and noise-rock fury…”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom