Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Google Pixel phones - news, updates

It's got 802.11ac, the very latest standard (that only works on 5Ghz). Not sure where you are getting your info from xenon

Didn't look it up. Just going by Editor's list of specs on page 1. Was just a typo then, fair enough.

Still don't like this removing headphone jack trend.

Such a great camera, then this.... Clearly Google only expect people to have this phone for '3 years' as per the google spokesperson.

Google Photos will limit Pixel 2 users' uploads after 2020
Seems a decent deal to me.

With Pixel 2 you get free, unlimited original-quality storage for photos and videos uploaded through the end of 2020, and free, unlimited high-quality storage for photos uploaded afterwards. After 2020, there is no change to the photos you took before 2020 and you will always have access to those in original quality.

This is new for this year. We know that people tend to change their phone every 2-3 years so for Pixel 2, we are offering storage in line with that.

Tempted by the Pixel one XL for £400. Would hope to get £50 for my 5X. Decisions.

I reckon a first-gen Pixel XL for (effectively) £350 is the best bang-for-your-buck in phones right now. Both original Pixels are still tremendous devices.

And as mentioned above, Google's poor update/security policy. First gen Pixel has 2 years life left in it in terms of security updates. The recent KRACK exploit just shows how poorly Android devices are left open to security vulnerabilities.

And as mentioned above, Google's poor update/security policy. First gen Pixel has 2 years life left in it in terms of security updates. The recent KRACK exploit just shows how poorly Android devices are left open to security vulnerabilities.
Unless your device is really old, surely?

Apple: The iPhone and iPad maker confirmed to sister-site CNET that fixes for iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS are in beta, and will be rolling it out in a software update in a few weeks.
Google: Google told sister-site CNET that the company is "aware of the issue, and we will be patching any affected devices in the coming weeks."

Here's every patch for KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability available right now

It will be interesting to see the speed of which Android devices get this fix. I'm guessing some will be at the mercy of their vendor, adding another delay into the mix.

I like my Pixel 2 but I'm struggling to find a decent screen protector for it. I need a case too but don't have fifty quid for an otterbox one.

I'm in the market for a new mobile device. Since I would rather be dipped in dogshit than be caught dead with an Apple product, I thought I'd check this out.

...no headphone socket? Are you fucking kidding me?

Not this one then. Are there any manufacturers who make phones better by actually *adding* features?

I'm in the market for a new mobile device. Since I would rather be dipped in dogshit than be caught dead with an Apple product, I thought I'd check this out.

...no headphone socket? Are you fucking kidding me?

Not this one then. Are there any manufacturers who make phones better by actually *adding* features?
Samsung s8 will have all you need. £500 on ebay.

Samsung s8 will have all you need. £500 on ebay.

Had a look at the S8+ on Amazon, looks good and it seems that I can buy it directly from Samsung for about £600.

I hear that Samsung batteries can be rather inflammatory. Am I at significant risk of roasted or exploded testicles if I acquire one of their devices?

Had a look at the S8+ on Amazon, looks good and it seems that I can buy it directly from Samsung for about £600.

I hear that Samsung batteries can be rather inflammatory. Am I at significant risk of roasted or exploded testicles if I acquire one of their devices?

I think after that debacle with the Note 7 the 8 will have been rather well tested! My testicles hasn't been roasted at any rate.

Back
Top Bottom