Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

good football photos

US5OK35MDXETILW1GOF5.jpg

Goalscorers Dave Arter & Nicky Dent celebrate Ashford Town's 2-2 draw at home to fourth-tier Fulham in the 90s, in the FA Cup. Ashford, a lowly non league team then & now, pushed a pish Fulham side all the way in the replay but eventually bowed out 3-5 aet.

View attachment 302113

Goalscorers Dave Arter & Nicky Dent celebrate Ashford Town's 2-2 draw at home to fourth-tier Fulham in the 90s, in the FA Cup. Ashford, a lowly non league team then & now, pushed a pish Fulham side all the way in the replay but eventually bowed out 3-5 aet.
just don't get mud like that these days in the upper echolons! bloody undersoil drainage!

Julian-Wade.jpg-1024x836.jpg

Julian Wade of Dominica and...Brechin City. Here he is on the charge against Deveronvale in the Highland League.

He's a full Dominican international and their all-time leading scorer. His wife got a job in Aberdeen so he followed her after the usual Home Office battle.

The BBC did a short film on him here:

Brechin also feature a highly skilful wee Ukrainian player (Max Kucheriavyi) on loan from St, Johnstone.

606_980-31EA0DDE-5B39-4768-BEB5-42C0211F025B

Gilgit Baltistan girl's league, first for young women in N Pakistan. Reckon you could sneak a view without paying if you own crampons.

french photographer tries to capture match day at The Den.

"“I wanted to create an immersive photo-documentary inside the world of Millwall FC. I was fascinated by the fact that Millwall was, and still is, a working-class club, which is a rare thing in London, and across the country in general.”"

“Football has been gentrifying at an increasingly rapid pace, and I’ve progressively turned my gaze towards more grassroots events or clubs, where football still feels cultural rather than transactional.”

french photographer tries to capture match day at The Den.

"“I wanted to create an immersive photo-documentary inside the world of Millwall FC. I was fascinated by the fact that Millwall was, and still is, a working-class club, which is a rare thing in London, and across the country in general.”"

“Football has been gentrifying at an increasingly rapid pace, and I’ve progressively turned my gaze towards more grassroots events or clubs, where football still feels cultural rather than transactional.”

Noticed one bloke has a tatt saying SE 16 but there's a flag saying SE 17, did the post office change the postcode?

Noticed one bloke has a tatt saying SE 16 but there's a flag saying SE 17, did the post office change the postcode?
Se17 is walworth which is (or certainly was) a millwall strong hold. i know loads of millwall fans from there. back in teh day, they used to fight with millwall from Bermondsey - they used to not like each other very much and clash on the OKR.

Se17 is walworth which is (or certainly was) a millwall strong hold. i know loads of millwall fans from there. back in teh day, they used to fight with millwall from Bermondsey - they used to not like each other very much and clash on the OKR.
Ah right, it's where they're from not necessarily the ground.

“where football still feels cultural rather than transactional.”

i like this quote. It says why I am not that fussed what league we are in, the investment is not really about the football. Sure, it's graet when they are doing well, but it's only now in my 40s how important Millwall football club has been to me, my son, my dad, and his dad, and his dad after that, too. I don't know, something shared, a continium - an interest that is not about money, or sucess, or improvement. If it was just about football - i would have found someone I can watch on TV each week. Being part of the club is maybe not more important that friends, family, work, etc, but it really is not far off. Come on you Lions.

lol, I don't think he'd be seen dead supporting United (there's actually a second kid stood behind him if you zoom in).

I can see the second kid now the sun has gone down a bit. They do look like a queue for a Bay City Rollers gig though. I actually remember these days, I've been going to football since the late 60s. Utd always brought a large following in the 70s as did Newcastle.

The last cricket match at Bramall Lane. My grandfather said the ghosts in white flannels will come back to haunt us and eight years later we were in the old forth division for the first time in our history.

Attachments

• 99731018-7A83-4446-B254-65BD51C50C61.png
    99731018-7A83-4446-B254-65BD51C50C61.png
    921.6 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom