Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

good football photos

Are TNS still ridiculously rich compared to the others? Didn't they nearly go bust? Good to see there is competition. I followed it from a distance as a kid when TNS were winning every year I think.

2A7B7BC5-B467-460E-9D46-56C13D181BE4.jpeg
From a Saturday afternoon long ago, walking over Coronation Bridge Rotherham, towards Millmoor.
Sadly not my photograph.

They've been all over twitter, not quite sure why. International fans love them whilst many Venice fans have been left seething messes for some reason.

E1lGZhxXIAUBADD.jpg

Konstantin Rudenok can't keep a long distance shot out in a game between Sputnik Rechitsa and Slavia Mozyr in the Belarusian top flight (video here). Sputnik, sinking under enormous debts, lost this game 0-2, and have since folded in mid-season, with the team scattering to the four winds (Rudenok is now at Shakter Soligorsk).

Ronnie Moore goals are collectors items. You can still buy t-shirts and badges in Cardiff proclaiming “I saw Ronnie Moore score”
The pub next to the ground at Rotherham called strangely enough The Millmoor had as its sign Ronnie Moore on it. He scored 52 goals for The Millers, he also scored 72 for Tranmere in his first time there. I see he only managed 6 for Cardiff though, no doubt he would have blamed everyone and everything else.
15A29F93-8ECA-4741-83B9-603DBF97811B.jpeg

FCjon9GXIAYY2zh

West Brom keeper John Osborne smokes a fag while the ball is down the other end - 1972

8003A25C-2B20-4448-8DA3-7B8FA308436B.jpeg

Bernie Slaven of Albion Rovers on the charge in the mid-80s. The prolific striker left Coatbridge (42 games/ 27 goals- all the more impressive in a poor Rovers team) and became a Middlesbrough legend later in that decade, netting over 100 times in eight seasons. Gained his deal at Boro by writing to over sixty English league clubs asking for a trial after refusing to re-sign at Cliftonhill.

Also gained 7 caps for the Republic- Scotland missed a trick there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom