Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gone fishing with Mortimer and Whitehouse

Is he still well known?
In certain circles I guess. He still makes mad arcade games. Lives on a farm in Wales with Giles. Still has his obsession with llamas, oxen, sheep, minotaurs etc.

One of his recent games was called "Polybius". VR shooter, named after a mythical game that was supposed to fuck you up. His version was aimed more at making you feel a bit trippy. :D

@llamasoft_ox

My grandad? (People called him Jock, but John was his official name). Yes, I remember fishing with him. He was a man of contradictions. I was very fond of him at the time, but he was far from a saint.

That’s the chap. And you’re right, his contradictions ran as deep as the waters he fished in. People called him Jock, yet he ran like a Welshman; all arms and no legs.

Although I have never understood fishing.

Not least because the whole point seems to be not catching fish.

I noticed they've changed it a bit. More sweeping drone shots, gentle acoustic music and personal conversations.

I think they realised people watch for the conversations rather than the fishing.

Yeah, I'm into neither fishing nor walking but some of the scenery was wonderful, especially the mist coming off the river in the morning.

I caught up on this last night, immediately after watching one of the latest series of Big Night Out.

These series show exactly how it feels to be in stunning locations, totally immersed in the beauty that is the British countryside. With company that don’t need the necessities of endless inane chatter, just each other’s company.
I have had glorious days fishing with close friends and we have hardly spoken, content with the knowledge that we have shared the sheer joy of being there and being alive.

Back
Top Bottom