Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2024

Watching PJ Harvey now. She’s got some lovely furniture on stage with her.

I love her. It’s a while since seen her live in person, rather than on TV. Much more … subdued isn’t quite the right word… these days, but still fabulous. And she looks no different than when I first saw her in the early 90s!

No idea. Watch Jessie Ware tomorrow for pop music how it should be done.
Dua Lipa is pretty much the definition of how pop music 'should' be done :D
I flicked onto her for a second and she was sampling White Town - Your Woman
Love Again (2020). A banger I'd suggest.

Mrs FA was obsessed with this tune around that time too:

I'm not bothered tbh but she's good at her thing.

Iplayer is really hard to navigate. Stuff says it's live, when it's not.
Yeah, it’s rubbish. At one point Mrs LR thought PJ Harvey and Dexys were duetting. Which I’d have watched, to be fair. (Although what I saw of Dexys was very low energy and Kevin Rowland looked really ill. I stopped watching because it felt uncomfortable and intrusive).

Every IDLES performance is better than the last. This is fucking superb. Not sure what I can follow it with

Bought ticket for London show in November.
On the Saturday of my OHs 50th birthday weekend. Have to deal with that later I guess 🤪

Might have to swap with ya if I get a kicking 😆

Do you know what, I could actually do that as I am going on my own anyway but it's Mini Fire's birthday on the Saturday, she is 12 though, not 50.

I'll know nearer the time if it is feasible so don't discount it yet.

I couldn't stand Dua Lipa's try-hard pouting so switched over to the West Holts stage. A big faux pas. The Grauniad: "Jungle are still playing on West Holts but we haven’t, and won’t, dwell on them." Fuck off, I liked it. But I'm nearly as old as Cyndi Lauper.

I liked her debut album but had kind of forgotten about her :oops: it had fallen down the bottom of my Spotify list. What a great performer.

Watching Paul Heaton atm I used to like Housemartins and Beautiful South. They were local to me, and popular at my alma mater when I was a student.

So far, apart from first night fireworks and probably an unauthorised sound system playing after curfew we've not really heard anything from Pilton

There's always tonight mind

Even the celebrity helicopters seem down on previous years

• Angry
Reactions: izz
TV highlights yesterday - surprisingly the 6 year old and 9 year old were absolutely mesmerised by PJHarvey in ethereal mode. I assumed she’d be “boring Mum music” but no. They both loved Sugababes (quite right too), and the 9 year old is in love with Anne Marie :) We tried Seventeen to see if they were any good but meh.

After the smalls were dispatched to bed I really enjoyed LCD Soundsystem. Also caught first half of hour of Fontaines DC who were good but the mix sounded really lacking bass on TV. Hopefully it was better in person. I also realised that they were all dressed as exactly the sort of boys I would have lusted after when I was 16, which just shows how fashion goes generationally as that was 30 years ago :D

I couldn't stand Dua Lipa's try-hard pouting so switched over to the West Holts stage. A big faux pas. The Grauniad: "Jungle are still playing on West Holts but we haven’t, and won’t, dwell on them." Fuck off, I liked it. But I'm nearly as old as Cyndi Lauper.
Jungle are much better festival fodder than fucking Dua Lipa. Some actual jungle would be even better.

Watching PJ Harvey now. She’s got some lovely furniture on stage with her.

I love her. It’s a while since seen her live in person, rather than on TV. Much more … subdued isn’t quite the right word… these days, but still fabulous. And she looks no different than when I first saw her in the early 90s!
She's fantastic. I've seen her play tiny polytechnics in front of a couple of dozen people (a gig ddraig was at I've since learned :cool:) to being the main event at The Eden Project and she's never disappointed.

I don't recognise a lot of this newer material but I'll check her new record out on the strength of it.

She was playing Shepherds Bush Empire once and I couldn't get a ticket. Unexpectedly I came into some cash so went down and saw what the touts were charging. Gritted my teeth and paid 70 quid and that was just for a seat upstairs. The atmosphere up there wasn't really my thing with everyone sitting politely tapping their feet and whatnot but she was great. Stories From The City ... was out so she was playing great stuff. I wanted to dance but I would've been the only person doing so up there and I couldn't bring myself to embarrass myself. However, when I'm slightly emboldened with drink and the opening riff from Sheela-Na-Gig kicks in, my inhibitions fuck off and I duly jump up and go mental, it seems.

This didn't go unnoticed on the stage as she clocked me doing it and gave me this massive smile. Needless to say I was all 😍😍😍 for ages afterwards.

I'm enjoying this Glastonbury set. Words That Maketh Murder on just now. Great stuff.

Amazing
Look forward to clips of it!
Pic byhttps://www.facebook.com/themancphotographer
FB_IMG_1719685795637.jpg

Back
Top Bottom