Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Give up Bingo and Booze if your Benefit is being cut!

Good for cycling to school it appears. Exercise is good for kids we're told.

th

Would love to know how rational and well considered giving children redbull for breakfast is when I buy a kilo of porridge from Aldi for 75p and it keeps me well fed until 1pm everyday for a week.

Porridge is rank but that aside, how many people give their children Red Bull for breakfast. Those aren't the sort of people liable to be persuaded to change their habits by a leaflet anyway.

Anyway the point about being trapped is a valid one. Sure maybe loads of people spend too much on booze, diversions, when they could do something better with it. It's easy to live a disciplined self sacrifising life if you have clear atainable opportunities. When your options are severely restricted, despite your best efforts or your living conditions are testing, with no clear way out, who doesn't tend toward a little nialism now and then.

Would love to know how rational and well considered giving children redbull for breakfast is when I buy a kilo of porridge from Aldi for 75p and it keeps me well fed until 1pm everyday for a week.

Up yer mam, you damp-dicked twat. Who are these parents who give their children red bull for breakfast? And what the fuck have they got to do with what's being discussed here? You make your porridge with your own semen, then dress up as Goldilox and pronounce it "Just right". Probably.

Up yer mam, you damp-dicked twat. Who are these parents who give their children red bull for breakfast? And what the fuck have they got to do with what's being discussed here? You make your porridge with your own semen, then dress up as Goldilox and pronounce it "Just right". Probably.

Well I must be hallucinating the children standing at the Dagenham bus stops clutching cans of red bull on the way to school then. Or maybe the red bull is an aperitif to finish off the bowls of porridge.

Anyway the point about being trapped is a valid one. Sure maybe loads of people spend too much on booze, diversions, when they could do something better with it. It's easy to live a disciplined self sacrifising life if you have clear atainable opportunities. When your options are severely restricted, despite your best efforts or your living conditions are testing, with no clear way out, who doesn't tend toward a little nialism now and then.

At least a bit of honesty here. Half the posters here would completely deny that anyone who is poor has any nihilistic tendencies though.

Well I must be hallucinating the children standing at the Dagenham bus stops clutching cans of red bull on the way to school then. Or maybe the red bull is an aperitif to finish off the bowls of porridge.

They probably bought the cans themselves you dick. And, again, what the fuck has this got to do with the topic?

And stop staring at children at bus stops - You'll get locked up. And if your own mind is fucking conjouring up images of children at bus stops of it's own volition, then you really had better seek help ASAP.

E2a - And you have an aperitif before a meal, not after. You piece of shit.

They probably bought the cans themselves you dick. And, again, what the fuck has this got to do with the topic?

And stop staring at children at bus stops - You'll get locked up. And if your own mind is fucking conjouring up images of children at bus stops of it's own volition, then you really had better seek help ASAP.

E2a - And you have an aperitif before a meal, not after. You piece of shit.

Remarkable. Well 'scuse my French.

Does it seem at all likely to you that families under financial pressure are buying their kids Red Bull for breakfast?

Does it seem at all likely to you that families under financial pressure are buying their kids Red Bull for breakfast?

Well according to Frances they are giving enough money to their children to buy red bull.

Since I witness "families under financial pressure" buying lottery scratch cards by the fiver load it does seem quite likely that some do.

Anyway. I don't mean to cause the
crap-hitting-the-fan.gif
or to
stepping-in-poop.gif
so
for any offence out there.
crying-sad-hello-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

At least a bit of honesty here. Half the posters here would completely deny that anyone who is poor has any nihilistic tendencies though.

Yeah, instead they could be slashing your throat in a mindless rage, thinking you're perving when the poor sods are buying scratch cards.

Boo!

Absolute madness. No wonder the left is dead when people are so completely detached from real life.

this from someone who just stated familys cannot be struggling because you've observed cans of redbull in the hands of the schoolchildren that you lear at whilst on route to work..

what village is missing their idiot today...

this from someone who just stated familys cannot be struggling because you've observed cans of redbull in the hands of the schoolchildren that you lear at whilst on route to work..

Never stated that families cannot be struggling.

Do you deny that some poor children sometimes drink redbull? For that matter do you also deny that some struggling families buy scratchcards?

Well according to Frances they are giving enough money to their children to buy red bull.

Since I witness "families under financial pressure" buying lottery scratch cards by the fiver load it does seem quite likely that some do.

Anyway. I don't mean to cause the
crap-hitting-the-fan.gif
or to
stepping-in-poop.gif
so
really-sorry-smiley-emoticon.gif

for any offence out there.
crying-sad-hello-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif
Well, no. You are seeing kids drinking Red Bull and assuming that they come from feckless poor families. That's your problem, no one else's.

Of course there are people who have a great deal of difficulty running their lives and families who are put under pressure by addictions to drugs or gambling. That does not mean that poverty is always, or even most often, caused by people making poor financial decisions. We have a minimum wage that leaves full-time workers below the poverty level and benefit claimants are considerably worse off than that (despite the misleading claims of the rabid right).

Smug liberals dispensing this sort of uselessly patronising advice are operating from the assumption that poverty is self-inflicted rather than an inevitable result of an economic system which requires 5% unemployment to function. It's disgusting.

<snip>Do you deny that some poor children sometimes drink redbull? For that matter do you also deny that some struggling families buy scratchcards?
Sweetie, do you deny that the children of some low income parents still get pocket money, or use their dinner money for snacks before or after school? Are you sure that you saw those children drinking red bull instead of one of the significantly cheaper own brands which are in very similar cans?

All poor people are stupid fuck-ups, you see.
If I'm given one more leaflet (very well-meaningly issued to carers and other disadvantaged demographic groups) explaining what "healthy eating" is and why smoking is bad for you, I will personally and directly increase the dietary fibre intake of the donor! :mad:

Sweetie, do you deny that the children of some low income parents still get pocket money, or use their dinner money for snacks before or after school? Are you sure that you saw those children drinking red bull instead of one of the significantly cheaper own brands which are in very similar cans?

So feeding children 39p cans of redbull equivalent for breakfast is a great economiser?

I can remember when I was at school it was the children with a parent on benefits who were getting ten pound a week pocket money.

I am not denying that people are short of money. I just do not think there is anything wrong in pointing out that spending money on crap when you need to budget is best avoided. Some on here seem to think it is class warfare to criticise financial incontinence. And these are probably the same people who revel in ideas of reducing consumption as being morally praiseworthy.

So feeding children 39p cans of redbull equivalent for breakfast is a great economiser?

I can remember when I was at school it was the children with a parent on benefits who were getting ten pound a week pocket money.<snip>
Where's your proof that any parent at all hands their child a can of anything for breakfast? You've seen youngsters drinking from cans, but presumably you didn't see much of what happened before that. Cast your mind back to when you were a hollow-legged teenager. Even if you'd already had breakfast at home I'd bet that you'd still have room for a snack on the way to school, if you had any money at all for it.

BTW I too knew teenagers with parents on benefits who got more pocket money per week than I got in a month - the reason was that they were expected to buy all of their own clothes and I wasn't.

It's the fact that you think it needs pointing out, and more urgently than the inadequacy of wages and benefits, that is the problem.

Where did I say anything about more urgently than etc? Oh wait, I didn't.

It's just that you seemed to be backing up the HA's leaflet.

Yes, cutting back on luxuries is sensible and is something most people do. But since most people do do it, giving that out as advice makes it sound like you think they're incompetent morons who hadn't considered cutting back on necessities.

It also assumes that these luxuries are the problem rather than simple lack of cash. It's like when some well-meaning soul asks suggests to someone with health problems that they should eat a healthy diet.

You weren't giving it as advice, but you were backing up this HA who did. And they're not here.
So you mis-interpreted my post, and, therefore, assume that I am talking drivel? :hmm: You are right, I wasn't giving any advice, simply stating that I thought others would give up the so-called luxuries, the same as I do.

What's that got to do with anything I've said?

Where's your proof that any parent at all hands their child a can of anything for breakfast? You've seen youngsters drinking from cans, but presumably you didn't see much of what happened before that. Cast your mind back to when you were a hollow-legged teenager. Even if you'd already had breakfast at home I'd bet that you'd still have room for a snack on the way to school, if you had any money at all for it.

BTW I too knew teenagers with parents on benefits who got more pocket money per week than I got in a month - the reason was that they were expected to buy all of their own clothes and I wasn't.

I can honestly say I never bought any snack on the way to school as a teenager.

The youngsters drinking redbull are hardly six-formers washing down their bacon and eggs.

I can remember when I was at school it was the children with a parent on benefits who were getting ten pound a week pocket money.

I am not denying that people are short of money. I just do not think there is anything wrong in pointing out that spending money on crap when you need to budget is best avoided. Some on here seem to think it is class warfare to criticise financial incontinence. And these are probably the same people who revel in ideas of reducing consumption as being morally praiseworthy.

See where your shitty freemen on the land politics has led you?

Where did I say anything about more urgently than etc? Oh wait, I didn't.
It is what you choose to say and what you choose not to that reveals your priorities. And you tried to justify it on the grounds that it is ridiculous to pretend that people with these sorts of problems do not exist. No one has said that. The problem is the government-led propaganda assault that insists that anyone in poverty must be there through their own poor choices and not the fact that one third of the jobs in this country pay wages at poverty level or below.

Back
Top Bottom