Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Getting your stuff on Spotify

existentialist

Tired and unemotional
So, the album release date looms, and there's a view amongst the band that getting it onto Spotify wouldn't hurt.

From what I gather, that's a fairly involved process, as you need a "publisher" and various bits have to fall into place. I'm also not sure what happens as far as performing rights stuff is concerned, for the covers we do (it's about 50:50 covers to originals).

Does anyone have a link to a useful guide to doing this? I'll be "doing my own research", too, but would much prefer to hear from someone I even vaguely know who's walked that particular walk...

Spotify have a preferred distributors list in their website. Have a google as it lists them and you can shop around for one that suites you. You can use others if you want.

Did you do it, existentialist ? I've always balked at paying upfront to get my music onto a platform that will make more money from it than I will.

If you did, have you seen any benefits from it?

Did you do it, existentialist ? I've always balked at paying upfront to get my music onto a platform that will make more money from it than I will.

If you did, have you seen any benefits from it?
Yeah, we did. I don't think we get much revenue from it, but it's very good for getting people listening to us.

ETA: And it's kind of cool to be able to say "oh, just look us up on Spotify" :cool: :D

ETA2: FWIW, I feature heavily on "Swans" and "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"

Last edited:
My OH recently did a couple of tracks on Spotify and used Distrokid. It seemed fairly simple and not expensive. You just need the actual files and some artwork you want to use and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom