Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Germany v Scotland, 14th June, 20:00 (ITV)

Steel Icarus

all I want in life's a little bit of love
So here we go.

I think this is the most underestimated Germany team I've seen. I think they'll do well. Especially looking forward to watching Musiala and the brilliant Florian Wirtz.

So obviously it's going to end 1-1 with a late Scotland equaliser off McTominay's hip or something

So here we go.

I think this is the most underestimated Germany team I've seen. I think they'll do well. Especially looking forward to watching Musiala and the brilliant Florian Wirtz.

So obviously it's going to end 1-1 with a late Scotland equaliser off McTominay's hip or something
Wirtz is a great player and I always wonder if you could roll back the clock as to what we could have done to have persuaded Musiala to stay at Chelsea. Scotlands qualification was mainly very good but the last four games were poor. I suppose it's which Scotland turns up and the opening games are always a bit edgy so 2-0 to Germany for me.

Havertz supported by Wirtz and Musiala is a quality front 3, especially with the likes of Fullkrug, Sane and Gnabry in reserve. It's only really at fullback where Germany look relatively weak (Kimmich is excellent, but a better midfielder).

Scotland should be compact and organised, and have players who won't be daunted to be on a big stage (especially McTominay, McGinn, Robertson, Tierney).

Scotland to give it a good go, maybe even go a goal up; class will out in the end though, 3-1 Germany.

Scotland will inevitably get stuffed but I'll be rooting for them will the way, and if they do somehow pull off a miracle my DJ set will go full Tartan Army!
I thought it was traditional for us to aquit ourselves reasonably respectably against big teams then get gubbed 5-0 by Malta or someone..? :hmm:

I'd say Scotland to look decent in general play but not create much and finish even less. Germany to look a bit ropey but still score a goal or two. Two nil Germany.

Really looking forward to this. Between Covid disruption and tournaments being played at the wrong time of the year at tyrannical regimes, this feels the first proper one since 2018 :)

The team:

Scotland: Gunn, Ralston, Hendry, Porteous, Tierney, Robertson, Christie, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn, Adams.

Substitutes: Kelly, Clark, Hanley, Shankland, Gilmour, Cooper, Armstrong, Morgan, Conway, Jack, McCrorie, McLean, Taylor, Forrest, McKenna.

It's only one goal, doesn't mean everything, but unfortunately for Scotland, Germany are looking very feisty and up for this.

Could be a long night for the Scots :(

Back
Top Bottom