Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Election 2015 - chat, predictions, results and post election discussion

These executives of capital that wrote to the Times.....
Dear Sirs,

We run some of the leading businesses in the UK. We believe this Conservative-led Government has been good for business and has pursued policies which have supported investment and job creation.

David Cameron and George Osborne’s flagship policy of progressively lowering Corporation Tax to 20% has been very important in showing the UK is open for business. It has been a key part of their economic plan.

The result is that Britain grew faster than any other major economy last year and businesses like ours have created over 1.85m new jobs.

We believe a change in course will threaten jobs and deter investment. This would send a negative message about Britain and put the recovery at risk.

They've got a point, haven't they? Look...we're not in the lead in the race to the bottom...

corporate-tax-rates-1981-2013-ireland-france-united-kingdom-united-states_chartbuilder_zpsylz9u74k.png

Fuckers.

That is a useful chart. It suggests to me that a sensible government could raise our corporate tax rates to 25% thus bringing in useful revenue without being uncompetitive compared to France and the USA.

Last edited:
10m ago12:16

David Cameron has been asked about tonight’s debate by reporters in Warrington.

I am looking forward to it, because it is a chance to get across that we have a long term economic plan that is working ... I will be able to talk about a strong track record over the last five years.

Asked if he was nervous, Cameron said:

No, look, these things are big occasions, but the fact is if you have got a track record, you have got a long term economic plan ... then you’ve got something real to talk about, not just words.

I think it is a moment of great opportunity, the opportunity to talk about a long term economic plan that is working.

I relish the opportunity to talk about the track record, to talk about the plan, and to talk about the choice. Because of course the alternative to our plan is the chaos of a Labourgovernment.

Get the picture?

i tried to get a reaction out of some of the big players by posting a few of my cartoons on twitter:

First Green Party poster (and first non-Labour poster) spotted. Although it is for the locals and is in the window of the candidate's house...

...still one for the map.

You'd think he'd show more solidarity with nationalists.

How's the BNP vote holding up north of the border? Will I need both hands to count their support?
Griffin is no longer in the BNP.

I've no idea what the BNP is polling in Scotland. They aren't standing in my constituency. Not heard anything about them being active round these parts for a couple of years.

I suppose I will watch the debate, my heart isn't really in it.

Is it my civic duty to watch the debate?

:)

I just watched a C4 debate between only 4 politicians and it was a car crash, tonight with 7 I expect the same!

I'm in what that democratic dashboard calls an Ultra Marginal Tory-Labour seat. So I'm kind of used to feeling like I should use my vote to thwart tory swine (it didn't work last time). When Blair was at his strongest and most warmongery I didn't need to bother, but usually the tory threat is there and I end up bloody voting Labour. It helps that there are usually no other candidates worthy of a vote either.

I'm in what that democratic dashboard calls an Ultra Marginal Tory-Labour seat. So I'm kind of used to feeling like I should use my vote to thwart tory swine (it didn't work last time). When Blair was at his strongest and most warmongery I didn't need to bother, but usually the tory threat is there and I end up bloody voting Labour. It helps that there are usually no other candidates worthy of a vote either.

Poll-research-based knowledge essential with that one IMO.

If I could ever kick out a Tory Scum or a Lib Even Worse Scum, I would.

Otherwise, Spunking Cock Party could be an attraction for you :D

Sturgeon's response...

SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon has called for an inquiry after a British newspaper published a third hand account of a civil service memo alleging that she wanted David Cameron to stay on as prime minister.

The Telegraph published an account of what it says came from an official British government memo, which includes details of a private meeting between the Scottish first minister and Sylvie Bermann, the French ambassador to the UK.

Ms Sturgeon has now asked for cabinet secretary Jeremy Heywood to investigate how the memo was released.

She said: "The bigger question and one I am raising with the head of the civil service is who wrote this memo since the foreign office seem to be denying all knowledge of it."

Just seen Sturgeon's interview on the BBC. Transpires the leak may well have been from the Scotland office after all. If it was Carmichael's people that might explain a great deal. Not a vermin strategy at all.

Back
Top Bottom