Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Election 2015 - chat, predictions, results and post election discussion

I'm interested in the outcome but all the crap leading up to it bores me senseless these days. I think this could be the worst campaign yet for a total lack of clearly defined policies.

I reckon it's going to be the dirtiest campaign ever.

Here's a good bit of panic from Mad Paddy Ashdown:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobil...e-coming-south-to-burn-westminster.1427713383

"the SNP are coming south to burn Westminster and make it dysfunctional."

All this stuff is making me want to cheer the SNP on.

Except I know they aren't going to Sack Rome. All they're going to do is put a few useless Labour Tattiebogles out of work.

I'll be posting on all the NO! websites, pointing out the benefits of tactical voting. See who has the best chance of keeping the SNP out, and vote for them. A lot of 'nose holding' involved. I'll be voting Labour. :(

I'll be posting on all the NO! websites, pointing out the benefits of tactical voting. See who has the best chance of keeping the SNP out, and vote for them. A lot of 'nose holding' involved. I'll be voting Labour. :(
I wouldn't vote Labour if you gave me a freshly baked cake every day for the rest of my life.

(I'd *tell* you I had done, and take the cakes anyway).

First "official" leaflet through my door today. The Conservative incumbent. Saying very, very little.

The Greens and Labour have been unofficially campaigning and door knocking here for well over a year though.

Also seen my first window posters. Two for Labour. May make a google map charting the spread of posters and signs round here :cool:

Lots of Vote Green posters up around St Marks Road in Easton :facepalm:

No chance of them winning here though :thumbs:
I always think the Greens are the kind of 'acceptable face' of the far left just as, well there isn't actually an 'acceptable face' for the far right.

I have had a steady stream of election bumf posted through my door over the last month already, and I've had a knock from two SNP canvassers a few weeks ago too. They're the only ones to knock so far, all the other parties are just posting a leaflet and fucking off. I wonder if I'll get any more actual people wanting to talk. It's a very marginal seat.

yup. I live in a seat that, with one exception, has voted Tory or Liberal/Lib Dem. Seems to be a four way marginal now, with the bookies pricing the SNP as short-odds favourites.
Pop it in the "democratic dashboard" ^ and see what results you get. It's a good tool.

I've just looked up the candidates for my constituency and I sort of know the labour candidate. Well connected leftie family and extremely intense. We have mutual friends and I met her at a party a while back. She slightly terrified me tbh. [emoji33]

She won't win anyway, my MP had a 16% majority last time but that looks to increase as the lib dems will take a beating I think. Although I suspect UKIP will do quite well around here. [emoji20]

I have discovered we have an Official Monster Raving Loony Party candidate. Suddenly I'm wavering on my loyalty to Spunking Cock

Back
Top Bottom