Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

TikTok monies certainly aren't forecast this year as there were no prior payments. I suspect it will be next season.The club will be able to make an educated guess (forecast) with a years data. Just as you make educated guesses( forecasts) at gate income, bar income and so on.

The club owner is one of three men who sold a social media monetisation / marketing company they founded for £1.2bn whilst still in their twenties. He knows a bit about the money side of social media.

Since they took over spending over admission at Farnham has risen from £5 per person to £13 per person above ticket price, average, by careful management and planning. That , and the increasing revenue on the social media front, are parts of a plan set out in the summer of 2022 coming together. This isn't stick a film or two on socials and wing it.
Saw the Farnham owner having a pop at other clubs in their new League for not getting big enough crowds the other week.

Haven’t got a problem with clubs buying their way up the pyramid if they’ve got the money to do so, and they’re clearly doing a lot right, but don’t think it’s a great look to be telling others what they should be doing when they haven’t got the millions you have at their disposal.

Saw the Farnham owner having a pop at other clubs in their new League for not getting big enough crowds the other week.

Haven’t got a problem with clubs buying their way up the pyramid if they’ve got the money to do so, and they’re clearly doing a lot right, but don’t think it’s a great look to be telling others what they should be doing when they haven’t got the millions you have at their disposal.
Thought exactly the same when I saw that didn’t look good

And here is:

1724418273745.png

And buzzed. I think this racist moron will soon be regretting his actions.

Last edited:

Totally agree with you. However, it should be added Harry (the owner) has proposed a meeting of the member clubs so lessons and ideas can be shared. Horley Town have seen a considerable increase in gates in the past year. They have publicly thanked Harry for his help / advice. He is willing to share information. Harry is a decent bloke and will also be the first to admit he hasn't got everything right at Farnham.

I do agree it would be better to talk in private than call identifiable clubs out over X.

Incidentally when asked to name the club he thought Farnham could learn most from as they look to kick on at Step Four, Harry said Dulwich Hamlet. Don't be too surprised if you spot him at the Hill.

I’m not sure this might be aimed at the club. Spotted the same handwriting on a phone close to Alleyne’s this afternoon and possibly the same culprit on a board on the Aylesbury Estate. Saw the latter from the bus this morning so I’m going to have to return & check later. Get the feeling I might have seen his handiwork around the Elephant in the past too.

Attachments

• IMG_3039.jpeg
    IMG_3039.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 20
That's because neither I or the club want to give this racist twat a platform, but the appearance of a swastika should give you some idea of the kind of thing to expect.
Only a small elite can be trusted with this Dangerous information In case all the rest of us get infected.

All I could see was a backward swastika and some scribbled writing on the news clip I saw on the Internet.

Only a small elite can be trusted with this Dangerous information In case all the rest of us get infected.

All I could see was a backward swastika and some scribbled writing on the news clip I saw on the Internet.
The photographs were censored on the Metropolitan Police website. I doubt anyone except a small number of club staff know exactly what it said, and personally I don't need to know. There's not much point censoring the photographs (or cleaning the sign, for that matter) if you're going to keep spelling out exactly what was there.

Alternatively what matters is the club have done the right thing. Unless they have been repainted you may have noticed the gates to the left of the turnstiles are two tone blue. That's because Mishi had to go to the local hardware shop and buy blue paint and a brush because the club didn't see fit to paint over graffiti accusing him of being a paedophile.(Believed but never proven to be by a rival fan and seriously libelous.)

I know which of the two responses by the club I prefer

What did he scrawl, I am unable to read it?

Between 21 July 2024 and 9 August 2024, offensive racist remarks were repeatedly written on an entrance sign at Dulwich Hamlet FC, including a swastika. This is an image that was published by the Metropolitan Police on 24 August 2024 as part of an appeal for assistance in seeking the person responsible for the crime:

GVrmy9BXkAAGvcM.png

On 29 August 2024, Metropolitan Police officers arrested a 64-year-old man on suspicion of racially aggravated criminal damage and displaying writing with intent to stir up racial hatred.

The 64-year-old man was taken to a south London police station before being bailed pending further enquiries.

Dulwich Hamlet FC has been notified.

Now that’s been boxed are we at the stage where it’s not inappropriate to say that Harry Enfield has really let himself go? Or do I need to wait for the verdict…?

Another piece of Hamlet's history has bitten the dust. Aylesbury United's old ground has apparently been demolished in the past few days. Buckinghsm Road hosted the Rabble duck walking across the pitch to celebrate going 3-0 up, in a surprise end of season victory. The home fans laughed. The referee didn't and I believe Hamlet were fined.

It was a mid week match and we'd arrived early to drink the afternoon away in the local boozer. Mishi announced we'd duck walk, a goal celebration made famous by Aylesbury on Match of the Day during a cup run that season, if Hamlet went three up. Everyone agreed given there was no realistic chance of Hamlet going three up...

Believe it was a Thursday night and Aylesbury had a teenage goalie. Club Mishi Morath was open for business early with cups liberated from whichever library Mishi was working at. Think it might have been Mr Dooley that suggested that a third goal should spark the duck walk.

Believe it was a Thursday night and Aylesbury had a teenage goalie. Club Mishi Morath was open for business early with cups liberated from whichever library Mishi was working at. Think it might have been Mr Dooley that suggested that a third goal should spark the duck walk.
Yes, it was a Thursday night end of season game due to Aylesbury's fixture backlog. It was also the "Whits, Joe and Willie" season, when we were serious title contenders before finishing 5th in a tight race, so we expected to win games. I wouldn't have called our win a surprise, even if the title itself had gone by then.

It was definitely a teenage keeper. Think the Ducks took the opportunity to blood him in an end of season match with nothing really riding on it. Quite possibly the regular had a slight knock too.

As I recall the form dropped off after the players were told we'd failed ground grading. I don't think anyone thought a win was impossible but not by three, given our form running up to that game . We scored a lot but also shipped a fair few, the opposition were a good side and Cliff Hercules was usually good for a goal.

My memory has Mishi coming up with the idea but it was so long ago now, it's possible I've mis-remembered. It was definitely Mishi saying "on the pitch if we score again" rather a lot between the second and third goals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom