Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

They've done a nice job with the place but the biggest improvement has to be the staff even if there seems to be a predominance of beards! (Don't mention the H-word). Oh and artisan style aprons as part of the uniform. Prices good though; £3.60 for Southpaw.
All real ales (four handpumps) appear to be £3.60 a pint regardless of strength. Last weekend they also had Kent Cobnut and Brick Blenheim Black IPA, which were served in excellent condition. One cynic has suggested that the relatively cheap (for the area) price is an introductory offer and it will soon go up, but I do like the feel of the place. (EDT is now £4 a pint for real ale.) As Griff says, the Cherry Tree has been tastefully and smartly refurbished and furnished with nice comfortable furniture, without being too poncey or having any of this 'shabby chic' nonsense, i.e crappy old oddments of second hand tables and chairs in danger of collapsing when someone over 13 stone sits on them.

The previous owners/landlords of the Cherry Tree now have the Golden Lion in Sydenham. It's been done out in near enough identical decor to how the Cherry Tree used to be, and the ales are £4 a pint.

Well done to those organising the collection Saturday

Items that are needed include:

• Shoes (mostly Men’s)
  • Tents
  • Travelling Bags
  • Candles
  • Socks
  • Jackets
  • Food (non perishable and no pasta items)
  • Trousers
  • Waterproofs
  • Jumpers/Hoodies
  • Leggings /tights
  • Wellies/waterproof boots
  • Underwear
  • Hats/Scarfs
  • Plastic bags
  • Books
  • Toiletries
For a more comprehensive list please see the article from our friends at Brixton Buzz, which also mentions other drop off points, if you are unable to bring anything to the game this Saturday.

August Top 5 Average Crowds Step 3:
1306 Darlington
967 Dulwich Hamlet
601 Kettering Town
582 Weymouth
567 King's Lynn Town

Amazingly, Darlo are also above Dulwich in the footballing scheme of things. First time that's happened for over three years.

Second in the crowd tables..to be honest: nice, but who cares. All I'm interested is that we're highest in the Isthmian League Premier Division table come the end of April!

Is there really a need to post this on here, when you've duplicated it on the attendances thread?

I remember when that route first started around 40 years ago with Ford Transit minibuses! They were like the one below, there was a flat fare of 10p for adults, exact change only, and you had to put you coin in a perspex box next to the driver's cab:

15891006324_a67c2bffe5_b.jpg

Excellent, I can't remember the transit but the P4 was always know to us as the 'Little bus', so that would fit.
It was my favourite as a kid as it went from my home in Honor Oak to either my Nan's at Champion Hill or into Lewisham for Our Price and Beatties

Back
Top Bottom