Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

I've received the latest issue of the HSV fanzine Supporters News (55.000 copies per issue). It has been relaunched after the spin-off of the professional football section and a lot of people I know are not longer writing for it. But this issue is a very nice read and on page eleven there's a small note about DHFC. It says:

"Innovativ. Der englische Siebtligist Dulwich Hamlet, beheimatet im Südosten Londons, reagiert auf die immer höheren Ticketpreise in der Premier League und lockt Fußball-Fans mit einer kreativen Kartenpreisaktion ins eigene Stadion. Jeder Stadionbesucher darf so viel oder so wenig für ein Ticket zahlen, wie er möchte. Der Saisonrekord von 811 Zuschauernkonnte zu Saisonbeginn überboten werden. Beim Heimspiel gegen Hampton & Richmond Borough begrüßte der Verein insgesamt 2.856 Zuschauer."

No mention of the charity all the gate money was donated to or the NonLeagueDay, that was organized in Germany for the first time, this year. But it's illustrated with this picture:

tumblr_inline_ni83m7i2CQ1rj9l9x.jpg

(Cut under the slogan 'Pay what you like' day.)
Can you please try to save me a printed copy, if you can find a spare...thank you!

Hi all, only just found this forum so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been going to Dulwich occasionally on and off since the early 1980's I grew up in Wanley Road and my bedroom window overlooked the Greendale end of the ground. I'm a Palace season ticket holder but try to get to the Hamlet when I can. Anyway I'm after some help as I'm trying to find out if there are any old records of past Dulwich players? My Granddad played for Dulwich either side of WW2. Somewhere I have two official DHFC postcards telling him he has been selected for the first team. Other than that I have no idea how many games he did eventually play, if any. He also had a trial with Arsenal before the outbreak of war and a short spell at Kingstonian. Also as a kid he sold peanuts at Champion Hill :) Any help would be great. Cheers

Hi all, only just found this forum so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been going to Dulwich occasionally on and off since the early 1980's I grew up in Wanley Road and my bedroom window overlooked the Greendale end of the ground. I'm a Palace season ticket holder but try to get to the Hamlet when I can. Anyway I'm after some help as I'm trying to find out if there are any old records of past Dulwich players? My Granddad played for Dulwich either side of WW2. Somewhere I have two official DHFC postcards telling him he has been selected for the first team. Other than that I have no idea how many games he did eventually play, if any. He also had a trial with Arsenal before the outbreak of war and a short spell at Kingstonian. Also as a kid he sold peanuts at Champion Hill :) Any help would be great. Cheers
You're probably best off joining the Facebook group The Hamlet Historian and posing that question there. There are also more of the "dinosaurs" lurking on the other DHFC forum who tend to be more clued up on the history of the club than those of us who use this one.

What was his name?

If you could give me his name, and as close as possible to when he played, I'm more than happy to search the archives on microfilm of the old press reports of that period. It's not something I'd do 'immediately', as it's just a 'sad' hobby in my spare time...but am more than willing to do so...
Hope that's a help to you Jimbob73

Hi name was Walter Taylor, know as Wally. Born October 1919, so played briefly before the war as he was 20 at the outbreak. Think he played after the war mainly so 1945-50 I guess. Many thanks

Welcome Pinkie! Hopefully get the chance to catch-up on Sunday. ;) :thumbs:

Hamlet are in Brighton next week at the Theatre Royal . Gather there is a brilliant solo goal in the second half .
Bit like Star Wars I guess .

Never seen any Star Wars films, so I wouldn't know.
Got an old box set of them on video, so might get round to it one day, but doubt if I'll ever find the time.

I see our good friend on Twitter has taken up the issue with Martyn (goalie at Witham) and he has replied

"Iam not a hater" he also states "I am not political"

Think right to challenge - Think its up to individuals to decide his motives - I go with the nieve, anti politics explanation

martyn guest witham 2 tweet .jpg

Back
Top Bottom