Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Actually I'm surprised we didn't get Chichester away, when we're already going there 4 days earlier for the league match. Discounting them (and Real Bedford, who our women visit for a league match in November) I had 7 potential new ground ticks: Sittingbourne, Thame, Walton & Hersham, Cambridge City, Felixstowe, Ascot, Biggleswade Town. I've done the first 4 of those clubs at their previous grounds.
Yes, that would have been standard to draw Chichester away in the Trophy with the league game imminent.

I keep forgetting that Sittingbourne have moved, so that would be 12 new grounds for me.

How come Lewes and Bowers & Pitsea had a league match tonight but no-one else did?

Doesn't look like it's a catch up as they are now on 8 games played and everyone else is on 7.

How come Lewes and Bowers & Pitsea had a league match tonight but no-one else did?

Doesn't look like it's a catch up as they are now on 8 games played and everyone else is on 7.
Wild guess. They’ve moved the Bonfire Night game? For pyro reasons. (Ie their famously ultra fans wouldn’t be able to source enough on the night)

Wild guess. They’ve moved the Bonfire Night game? For pyro reasons. (Ie their famously ultra fans wouldn’t be able to source enough on the night)

The Bonfire Night game was against Bognor Regis, and was put back a week to Tuesday 12th November. A fluke of the fixture list meant all 11 games were postponed due to FA Cup ties two Saturday's ago (including our trip to Chichester) and this is the only one rescheduled for this week, with 5 more next week (including our trip to Chichester) and 3 the week after that.

The Bonfire Night game was against Bognor Regis, and was put back a week to Tuesday 12th November. A fluke of the fixture list meant all 11 games were postponed due to FA Cup ties two Saturday's ago (including our trip to Chichester) and this is the only one rescheduled for this week, with 5 more next week (including our trip to Chichester) and 3 the week after that.
But there is no Lewes game 5-Nov. Yet others (inc DHFC) are playing….?

Bonfire Night would not be a sensible night for Lewes to play. The town basically comes to a halt for bonfire night celebrations. A few years ago the police were actively discouraging people entering Lewes that night, due to overcrowding, and may have concerns about a Lewes game that day.

You are able to request not to get home matches on set days - with good reason. Perhaps Lewes forgot Bonfire Night was a match night. I believe Hamlet used to ask for an away fixture on the last Saturday before Christmas, Sainsbury's used to be either the busiest or second busiest in England that day.

You are able to request not to get home matches on set days - with good reason. Perhaps Lewes forgot Bonfire Night was a match night.
They probably didn't expect a round of matches to be scheduled for that midweek. Given that the only other complete round of midweek fixtures was in the very first week the season, it looks totally random in the calendar and an odd date for the fixture compilers to choose.

The Lewes bonfire night is hardly a secret and it's basic common sense never to allocate them a home game on 5th November. (The same probably applies to the whole of East Sussex.) In fact I'm sure quite a lot of other places throughout England will have big fireworks displays that hit attendance figures, even if they don't actually make it impractical to host a football match.

The Lewes bonfire night is hardly a secret and it's basic common sense never to allocate them a home game on 5th November. (The same probably applies to the whole of East Sussex.) In fact I'm sure quite a lot of other places throughout England will have big fireworks displays that hit attendance figures, even if they don't actually make it impractical to host a football match.

I think there was a televised FA Cup first-round match last season that had a fireworks display (and concert?) taking place in the park next door, which looked a bit odd watching from home.

Binfield have shipped 14 in their last two league matches. They were very poor at Farnham. Binfield tried to suffocate Farnham into a small part of the field. Farnham simply passed the ball through the defensive line, which was far too high, and ran on to the ball. The referee stopped the second half at 44.59, by the electronic scoreboard, to spare Binfield more misery.

Binfield looked doomed for most of last season but put together a brilliant run late on to save themselves. If they don't improve dramatically on what they did at Farnham, they will be strong relegation candidates this season. Perhaps fortunately for them, there looks to be a few weak teams in their division.

Back
Top Bottom