Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Well not the best outcome of the play-offs that could have been in the best of all possible worlds. Sorry to DHFC FP (aka Merstham) but given they put out a Brewery town (Faversham) and a seaside trip (Folkestone) they've off my Xmas card list. As for the north Sudbury & Harlow, couple of new grounds, maybe a country pub within rambling range, Thurrock is convenient with some reasonable watering holes across the river. Sorry Brentwood but that ground was seriously basic. Seem to recall there was even an abandoned sofa behind one goal. Couple of nice pubs in town though one didn't open until after noon thus board of thirsty Hamlet fans outside.

Don't worry Griff, it may all become irrelevant when promotion is won in the 96th minute against Hendon.

Conference South is like one of those movies where the main character says "this is where I came in!". Like many of the old school Isthmiosaurs Conference South apart from a few West Country is pretty much the level of the Isthmian Premier when I first started watching the Hamlet. There's five newbies in there for me, Bath, Weston-Super-Mare, Eastbourne Boro', Gosport and Chelmsford though with the exception of WSM most would seem to okay on beer guzzling side.

Its always seemed that Millwall have had more connections with Fisher whilst we've tended to have ours with Crystal Palace viz the destination of a number of youngsters in recent years. Was a time before the money took Fisher Athletic too high when loads of ex-Millwall ended up at Salter Lane whilst we had the Palace old boys. Probably just a generalisation but that's the way it seemed.

Did bring back Ahmed Deen and Razor Powell for the playoffs a couple of years back but I assume we held on to their league registration as neither moved to another Ryman club. Doubt whether Danny would have been registered as a player this term!

Did bring back Ahmed Deen and Razor Powell for the playoffs a couple of years back but I assume we held on to their league registration as neither moved to another Ryman club. Doubt whether Danny would have been registered as a player this term!
Yes indeed. dual regirstration, as we held their Ryman registrations, and they were playing for clubs in other leagues.

Ryman League transfer deadline long closed,since end of March, I think.

Yes indeed. dual regirstration, as we held their Ryman registrations, and they were playing for clubs in other leagues.

Your superior knowledge has failed you both this time.

For the playoffs we will be playng Danny Carr and Ian Wright up front.... not registered I hear you say?

Does not matter, we have already begun collecting a legal fund to fight the refusal to let us be promoted and no other team will be allowed to play any football in the UK until we have won the fight, as its only fair that the charity shield does not occur as we may draw Chelsea in the FA cup and they may be fitter than us as they would have played an extra game to be closer to match fitness.

If you ever holiday in Cambodia take a walk down Sisowath Quay i.e the riverside, Grotty Scutta and Comfast Chapter art work gets around. And then leave. It's now the number 6 top attraction in Phnom Poo-Phen on TripAdvisor.

11196296_1584858488445916_7587098177926515643_n.jpg

11203075_1584858518445913_8409796316302941252_n.jpg

11114173_1584858545112577_3148566582887260975_n.jpg

11220820_1584858578445907_8978288812980998123_n.jpg

Are we talking about the shirt, the team or the Trust?

Haha, I was talking about the shirt, but to be fair I think everything has improved.

Although I do miss the game my friends and I used to have where you'd put a couple of quid in each and guess how many times the ball would go out of the ground in a match. Used to be about 6 - 10 a match, which is one measure of the improvement since then.

I've received the latest issue of the HSV fanzine Supporters News (55.000 copies per issue). It has been relaunched after the spin-off of the professional football section and a lot of people I know are not longer writing for it. But this issue is a very nice read and on page eleven there's a small note about DHFC. It says:

"Innovativ. Der englische Siebtligist Dulwich Hamlet, beheimatet im Südosten Londons, reagiert auf die immer höheren Ticketpreise in der Premier League und lockt Fußball-Fans mit einer kreativen Kartenpreisaktion ins eigene Stadion. Jeder Stadionbesucher darf so viel oder so wenig für ein Ticket zahlen, wie er möchte. Der Saisonrekord von 811 Zuschauernkonnte zu Saisonbeginn überboten werden. Beim Heimspiel gegen Hampton & Richmond Borough begrüßte der Verein insgesamt 2.856 Zuschauer."

No mention of the charity all the gate money was donated to or the NonLeagueDay, that was organized in Germany for the first time, this year. But it's illustrated with this picture:

tumblr_inline_ni83m7i2CQ1rj9l9x.jpg

(Cut under the slogan 'Pay what you like' day.)

Back
Top Bottom