Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

I'm seeing a blue and pink wedge spearing a football. "Blue and pink" replacing "Red" in the russian text. A banner.
We don't have enough (any) El Lissitsky-inspired banners/stickers/posters to my knowledge. Can someone who is good at design (not me) rectify that please?

I'm itching to do the design, but would have to leave fabrication to others. Printed vinyl canvas banners aren't that pricey if you do a whip-round
Do it, it doesn't have to be made up as a banner. It could be a sticker or a t-shirt and probably other things wot I haven't thought of too.

I'm itching to do the design, but would have to leave fabrication to others. Printed vinyl canvas banners aren't that pricey if you do a whip-round

Mate. I think you'd do an excellent job at designing a banner/sticker/whatever. See you at CH on Sat? x

Can't stand vinyl banners...they just look so PLASTIC, like the mock-fans ones you see around The Emirates Stadium or Stamford Bridge. Could just be 'old school dinosaur' me though...

Mate. I think you'd do an excellent job at designing a banner/sticker/whatever. See you at CH on Sat? x
Can't - niece's birthday party.
Has to be a banner - it's so striking :)
Prices (dimensions in feet):
4x4: £45
6x6: £87
8x8: £146

vornstyle76 - alternative is printing stencils and doing it in spraypaint. Hard to get solid saturated colour tho

I was more going for 'post-Miami Vice suburban leisure centre rebranding which already looked dated as it was unveiled by a local councillor in the same week Brolin scored against England' meets 'lesser rival to Now! compilation with both Bronski Beat and Run DMC on' but I might just retrospectively claim it was Red Wedge influenced.

Brolin scoring against England ('Brohlin - Dahlin - Broleeeeeen!') is to the pre-Tony-going-out-with-Deborah-in-Men Behaving Badly generation what JFK getting shot was to The Likely Lads-is-a-black-and-white-programme-and-Bob's-not-married-yet generation.

Constructivism

Could always look a using the huge grey wall by the toilets (where we had the Erhun art instillation

you construct a wooden/canvass red wedge and circle on the wall and a fix to wall (if permission was agreeable)

Brutal art

Can't stand vinyl banners...they just look so PLASTIC, like the mock-fans ones you see around The Emirates Stadium or Stamford Bridge. Could just be 'old school dinosaur' me though...

There's nothing wrong with plastic flags.

I have made loads of banners, two sticks etc over the years..... we unveiled our new one (1st Hamlet flag) last sat.

dulwich-hamlet-2-grays-athletic-0-24.jpg

Our orginal (OASIS) flag was from Barmyflags, they are good quality but expensive and I much prefer the 'home made' version. I'm more than happy to make banners, if people can help as it usally involves lots of cutting out, sticking and painting... although I have made them all myself previously.

Examples
222224_8487077853_9590_n.jpg

two sticks
Image030-1.jpg

P1010579.jpg

Useful sunscreen in Brighton
P1010506.jpg

Last edited:
Constructivism

maybe change the Russian wording into Dulwich Hamlet, Rabble, estb

but keep lettering in Russian style

maybe circle more a football

The russian text is, as in the original, literally Break The Whites With The Pink And Blue Wedge.
Pink and blue works, but who/what are the whites?

"Tooting and Mitcham" doesn't really translate into russian.

The russian text is, as in the original, literally Break The Whites With The Pink And Blue Wedge.
Pink and blue works, but who/what are the whites?

"Tooting and Mitcham" doesn't really translate into russian.

Yes it does.

Tooting и Митчем

Back
Top Bottom