Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

dont shoot the messanger!

dont shoot the messanger!

Fuck all to shoot you for IMHO. Some of that criticism is spot on. 👌

I for one am glad that we won’t be joined by 4evaLions and their “Dulwich Hamlets colours are a bit suspicious!” chat anytime soon.
Look forward to BigMoaner clarifying he wasn’t tactically supporting bigotry like that.
no, just like i don't support people being homophobic in sainsburys when i am shopping in sainsburys. don't tar all races with teh same brush, don't tar all millwall fans with the same brush.

thought DH were all for not stereotyping - unless it's things like Millwall, I guess.

Would have been a bit more convincing if you’d been a bit less gleeful posting it, and if you’d have said up front it contained plenty you didn’t agree with though wouldn’t it.
no, just like i don't support people being homophobic in sainsburys when i am shopping in sainsburys. don't tar all races with teh same brush, don't tar all millwall fans with the same brush.

thought DH were all for not stereotyping - unless it's things like Millwall, I guess.

Also. If you could point out where in my post I “tar all Milwall fans with the same brush” I’d be grateful.
I said I was glad that one homophobic fan wouldn’t be coming and I hoped you would clarify you didn’t support their view.

Is it? All I could see was a bunch of dinosaurs whining about the fact that another club is actually welcoming to everyone, as opposed to only being open to the ever-decreasing bracket of people that they apparently deem to be "proper".

Yes. I hadn't noted the veiled homophobia by 4evalions or I would have said as much, given I openly challenged homophobic abuse at Dartford, in person.

It's great that we're welcoming to the LGBTQI community, as a part of said community its a plus point for me. But we're not even close to being welcoming to all. Have a look around behind the goal and you'll see that for a club in a diverse part of probably the most diverse city in the world, our fans are achingly white.

Some, but by no means all, of the criticism that comes our way has a grain of truth to it. A fair few times, especially at away games, I've picked up on classist and sneering abuse from our lot. We're better than that.

Any news of the judicial review? Wasn't it held on Tuesday?

I thought it was today, the 8th?

But we're not even close to being welcoming to all. Have a look around behind the goal and you'll see that for a club in a diverse part of probably the most diverse city in the world, our fans are achingly white.

I'm not sure I'd agree that having a majority white support behind the goal = the club not being welcoming to all. That feels like quite a big leap of logic to me.

Admittedly I haven't been to a game for a while, but whenever I have been I've seen lots of non-white faces (including my own partner) both on and off the pitch, and have never heard any suggestion of them not feeling welcome.

The JR was heard on Tuesday i understand. Judge now goes away and ponders the judgement. Not sure when that will issue. One view I heard was that Southwark's KC was pretty good and robust in knocking over the main arguments. But who knows.

My Dulwich story is watching their FA Cup tie with Carlise that was shown live on TV. I fell in love with the club, its about so much more than football, its about the community, social issues, it makes a difference. Been toying for years about going all in with Dulwich due to living in Yorkshire and having no free time to make that long trip down but have now decided my heart belongs with this club and despite distance I want to give all I can. Even if that is rocking Dulwich shirts on the North Yorkshire beaches.

Back
Top Bottom