Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Hidden at end here is a suggestion that Gavin may bring back a former player, close to retirement, as a coach. Who d'ya reckon?

Gavin Tomlin?
I assumed he meant someone else in the current squad, probably Michael Timlin.

I hope we can keep the bulk of this season's players. We achieved 14 points from the last 8 league matches and unlike this time last year there seems to be something to build on.

Maybe Ash Carew could be that coach. I know he left quite quickly after being transfer listed a few years back but he seems like he could be a good coach. Or potentially George Elokobi who's 35 and could be at the end of his Maidstone career

What actually happened at Eastbourne on NYD. I wasn't at the game but remember him being transfer listed a day or two after

The club dealt with the incident internally. From memory the only public comment was from Gavin in an interview. He said whatever happened was unacceptable to the club, an inquiry was under way and he expected several players to leave as he/the club would not accept their conduct.

The club have never gone public. Given the passage of time I think it's fair to say they won't now. All that was made public was something happened, the club were investigating and action was likely to follow. Several players then departed the club.

One for the the club's 150th anniversary book...

Hi folks. A bit of a new fan, so forgive my ignorance. What happened during this game at Eastbourne?
These are the match highlights, manager's post match interview begins around 11:00. It doesn't really tell you much but 6 players (a couple of whom weren't actually involved in the match) were transfer listed after that game.

Was Sanchez Ming was one of the six? If so it shows there is a path to reconciliation...

Come back Ash!

Bet he can still stick a free kick into the top corner, just put on the bench and bring him on like an NFL kicker

On the London Senior Cup, I note that 30 teams entered, 4 have been eliminated and 10 have withdrawn (with no penalty). This leaves 16 teams in the competition., which makes an easy revised draw to be made. Does anyone know whether DHFC withdrew? We could potentially play a young/ASPIRE team, assuming that the first team are on furlough.

On the London Senior Cup, I note that 30 teams entered, 4 have been eliminated and 10 have withdrawn (with no penalty). This leaves 16 teams in the competition., which makes an easy revised draw to be made. Does anyone know whether DHFC withdrew? We could potentially play a young/ASPIRE team, assuming that the first team are on furlough.

Anyone got any news this?

It appears we are still in the Senior Cup according to LFA website. It also lists us as playing Dartford yesterday at 7.45pm. I would usually take that with a pinch or salt, but it has officials assigned to the match. I'm guessing date is wrong, but as officials are assigned, then it's likely to be at least imminent.

Anyone got any news this?

It appears we are still in the Senior Cup according to LFA website. It also lists us as playing Dartford yesterday at 7.45pm. I would usually take that with a pinch or salt, but it has officials assigned to the match. I'm guessing date is wrong, but as officials are assigned, then it's likely to be at least imminent.

Answering my own question! All step 2 and 3 clubs withdrew apparently...

Fisher are still playing in it. Games are being set for after May 17th where possible so anyone wanting to watch competitive football may want to keep an eye on the competition.

Fisher are home to Hanwell next round and, if they win, then away to Haringey - though Haringey are tier three from memory so may have scratched given the information bin the last posting.

Edited to make clear it's May 17th not April 17th.

Last edited:
Martha Kelner was interviewing Ben on Sky News the other day, caught a glimpse of the container.

The club stated the contracts last season were written so players were not paid if the season was suspended / abandoned due to covid. I suspect the players have been free agents for a while now

Back
Top Bottom