Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Anyone any idea which ones. I'd rather travel by coach, to support such a venture, but need to have an idea of where they will run to, so as not to book advance train tickets...

Anyone any idea which ones. I'd rather travel by coach, to support such a venture, but need to have an idea of where they will run to, so as not to book advance train tickets...
The first obvious one would be Bath on 18th August. Cheapest advance tickets from Paddington are £17.50 each way but will have sold out by now for some services.

Alternatively Network Railcard holders can get day return tickets for only a couple of quid more by splitting the tickets at Didcot (the last stop on the route within the Network Card zone) and you can use any train as long as it's scheduled to call at Didcot, which most do.

Senior/Under 25 railcard holders can presumably get a third off for the entire journey.

Woking have had a few issues with a very small minority of their fans in recent times according to a Cards fan I know. There's a few versions of what happened flying around. One consistent feature in all reports is the lack of mention of Chelsea fans being involved.

I'll be on the Robert Elms show on BBC Radio London along with Sam Mellish tomorrow talking about our exhibition, and no doubt other DHFC stuff will crop up. Starts at 10am.

Woking have had a few issues with a very small minority of their fans in recent times according to a Cards fan I know. There's a few versions of what happened flying around. One consistent feature in all reports is the lack of mention of Chelsea fans being involved.

A few issues with a very small minority of fans. Hmm.
Depends on your definition of "a tiny minority". Their average attendance last season was just over 2,000. Fifteen people would be a "tiny minority" of that - less than 1% - but if fifteen idiots turn up pissed at a much smaller club as part of a several hundred strong away following and start being aggressive and confrontational it's going to be more than enough to spoil the afternoon for a lot of other people and make life difficult for the host club's officials and staff.

Looking at the video all I can see is a few people vaulting the perimeter fence to join in the players' celebrations. But there fence is there for a reason, if there are hundreds of away fans they can't all go onto the field when a goal goes in so why do a few think it's excusable, and it only needs one of them to collide with an opposing player or for an opposing player to overreact and you've got a potentialy serious flash point.

As someone who was living in Liverpool in 1989 - supporting Prescot Cables not Liverpool - knew someone killed at Hillsborough, contributed to the FSA submission to the Hillsborough report, met with families of approximately 40 of the dead and worked quietly with various organisations for years to try and expose the cover up surrounding Hillsborough you'll have to forgive me for having a sense of humour failure over that line of argument.

I think it's going to get a bit weary if every time Woking do something it's pinned on Chelsea. Imagine what we'd say on here if trouble amongst our fans was blamed on Millwall/Charlton/Palace not being at home.

EDC alone knows what he meant by the 'scouser' comment - but I read it as him suggesting that a fan of Liverpool may wish to reflexively besmirch CFC fans on the basis of very little- in a mildly niggling, jocular fashion, due to little more than their ongoing rivalry. He could has easily have chosen Spurs.

Take a breather everyone (I was going to write calm down!! :D :D)

* I just re-read the thread and note that Roger D's final comment was not connected to EDC's but the follow-up to an earlier comment he made

Last edited:
I'll be on the Robert Elms show on BBC Radio London along with Sam Mellish tomorrow talking about our exhibition, and no doubt other DHFC stuff will crop up. Starts at 10am.

BBC Radio London - Robert Elms, 07/08/2018

Skip to 37 minutes. I have to warn people that he pluralises the word “Hamlet” a couple of times. Don’t worry, I took him to the roof and dangled him over the edge until he promised to never do it again.

Can I just say a big well done to Duncan & Sam on the exhibition of Dulwich Hamlet photos from last season (and listened o the BBC London interview) - photography is such an important part of transmitting the passion we all have for Dulwich Hamlet - These photos once again exemplify whats great about our Club and how everyone's talents can help make a community - Thanks again

ps: Not forgetting Laraine Bateman's vital contributions on the photography front

Last edited:
Hey all,

Some of you will be aware that we (Ben and Hugo) used to produce a fortnightly podcast. Life took over, we had a two year hiatus. But we are back! In this comeback episode we cover:

Promotion
Pre-season
The National League South so far.

As always, we're very keen to hear your thoughts on how we could improve, and what you want to hear in future episodes! We're going to do our very best to once again make this a fortnightly endeavour. And don't fret, not every episode will be 50+ minutes long!

You can listen wherever you get your podcasts, and also via the link in the tweet below.

Much love,

x

Hey all,

Some of you will be aware that we (Ben and Hugo) used to produce a fortnightly podcast. Life took over, we had a two year hiatus. But we are back! In this comeback episode we cover:

Promotion
Pre-season
The National League South so far.

As always, we're very keen to hear your thoughts on how we could improve, and what you want to hear in future episodes! We're going to do our very best to once again make this a fortnightly endeavour. And don't fret, not every episode will be 50+ minutes long!

You can listen wherever you get your podcasts, and also via the link in the tweet below.

Much love,

x

More Phil Wilson, please.

Given our struggles against those nefarious bastards at Meadow, these podcasts are now needed more than ever. Thanks to the pair of you.

Hello all. I've got a couple of questions which I hope someone will be kind enough to answer. I'm planning a day out with a few friends and was thinking of going to watch DHFC play on Saturday 1st Sept vs Hampton and Richmond. I heard a feature on a podcast a while ago about all the crap you've been through with Meadow and the ground etc so thought DHFC would be a good team to support for the day. So, my questions are:

I assume we can just turn up on the day and get tickets (no need to buy in advance?)?

And is it right you're now playing at Imperial Fields in Mitcham (as per Wiki)? Is the best way to get there to go to Mitcham Junction and walk?

Thanks in advance to any who reply.

Hello all. I've got a couple of questions which I hope someone will be kind enough to answer. I'm planning a day out with a few friends and was thinking of going to watch DHFC play on Saturday 1st Sept vs Hampton and Richmond. I heard a feature on a podcast a while ago about all the crap you've been through with Meadow and the ground etc so thought DHFC would be a good team to support for the day. So, my questions are:

I assume we can just turn up on the day and get tickets (no need to buy in advance?)?

And is it right you're now playing at Imperial Fields in Mitcham (as per Wiki)? Is the best way to get there to go to Mitcham Junction and walk?

Thanks in advance to any who reply.
Yep, right on all counts. Just turn up, eat, drink, sing and be happy.

Back
Top Bottom