Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GCSE revision timetable

nightowl

Another day on that hamster wheel we call life
Going to help my son do his. Any thoughts on the scheduling of evening revision in relation to the subjects you've had at school that day? Say, for example you've had a maths lesson, is it good to revise maths that evening to reinforce what you've learnt or is it better to do a subject you haven't had to mix it up and avoid boredom caused by too much of one topic on a single day?

It depends what information we are talking, but if you're talking about retaining knowledge and facts, its best to have high levels of repetition over the intervals of days. So, I would look to reinforcement sometimes spanning a few days.

is it better to do a subject you haven't had to mix it up and avoid boredom caused by too much of one topic on a single day?

Probably this one as it lets you space things out a bit which is supposed to be the best way to retain information long term.

That said, long term isn't really the goal is it? It's such an artificial thing to do, cramming stuff for exams. I can't really speak from experience because at that age I could just memorise stuff in one sitting.

Last edited:
If you want to gamify the subject, and make it more interesting you could look at:

Back
Top Bottom