Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah. The current editor of the ToI website, and author of that piece, was editor of the Jerusalem Post (owned by the Barclay Brothers, still?)

He's spinning. He bases the line you underlined on this:

Benny said:
"there cannot be a situation, under any agreement, in which we relinquish security control of the territory west of the River Jordan."

I recall Netanyahu saying this before - if perhaps in a slightly more coded way.

<keeps reading>

Last edited:

OK. Finished it and thought about it.

Netanyahu has made clear(er) that he won't accept a genuine two-state solution.

Obviously, he won't accept a one-state solution.

So he's committed to maintaining the status quo. Which is war. Forever.

From time to time it might quieten... leaving Palestinians living in a Bantustan. In fact, precisely a Bantustan - a territory under occupation but without any of the rights of acknowledged occupation.

Is there anyone else in Israeli politics with a chance of Premiership and a less dismal vision? None spring to mind...

I see the US has approved more shells and grenades for Israel. It's been a wonderful few decades for the U S weapons industry, seeing all the latest tech employed in various theatres of war.

OK. Finished it and thought about it.

Netanyahu has made clear(er) that he won't accept a genuine two-state solution.

Obviously, he won't accept a one-state solution.

So he's committed to maintaining the status quo. Which is war. Forever.

From time to time it might quieten... leaving Palestinians living in a Bantustan. In fact, precisely a Bantustan - a territory under occupation but without any of the rights of acknowledged occupation.

Is there anyone else in Israeli politics with a chance of Premiership and a less dismal vision? None spring to mind...
It is a dismal future view.

I watched an Israeli on a news broadcast tonight who said he couldn't see peace of any kind in his generation, but I don't see the next looking out on a different view, unless Gaza has been completely evacuated and assimilated into a greater Israel.

i can't help thinking that if the zionist entity had reached a two-state accommodation with the palestinians back in the 1990s the radical islam netanyahoo deplores might not be quite such a feature of the modern middle east.

True - but of course then Bibi would have become be some kind of Israeli Michael Fabricant, peering at the world suspiciously from every photo.

Bt9kp6XIUAADKOq.jpg

Tell me more, I only have heard about this in the vaguest mentionings.

From this afternoon:

ISTR digging out references for the proposition that the State of Israel gave seed money for the formation of Hamas, as a way to divide the PLO and to weaken Fatah and the PFLP.

As someone referenced the lack of alternatives in Gaza, it might be worth looking at some fairly recent history of Hamas and Israel.

From the unabashedly Zionist WSJ:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB123275572295011847
The WSJ article is a recent admission of State of Israel support, if not necessarily from the Mossad account.

E2A: I think I found and posted more during "Cast Lead" in 2008, but I'm too knackered to try finding them.

Tell me more, I only have heard about this in the vaguest mentionings.

In a nut shell, the zionist state was more worried about the PLO and other secular Palestinian movements representing the Palestinians, so they funded a movement called Hamas in the early 80s to counter. I think that this was the Western way of thinking in those days, as this was the case in Afghanistan and in several other Muslim countries.

Read this.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB123275572295011847

From this afternoon:

The WSJ article is a recent admission of State of Israel support, if not necessarily from the Mossad account.

E2A: I think I found and posted more during "Cast Lead" in 2008, but I'm too knackered to try finding them.

Snap.

Fucks sake. It's a bit unfortunate really that this fuckwit has been kidnapped. Will further solidify Netanhyu's position.

And. Fuck Obama. He's remained silent on the slaughter of dozens of sleeping kids but felt the need to condemn this kidnapping. What a truly fucked up situation.

2:30 A.M. Hamas Military Wing issues a statement saying that they believe that the missing Israeli officer was killed in an Israeli bombardment. "We lost contact with the group of combatants that took part in the ambush, and we believe they were all killed in the bombardment. Assuming that they managed to abduct the soldier during combat, we assess that he was also killed in the incident."
Don't surrender is the message here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom