Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Funniest SitCom Episodes?

Spymaster

Plastic Paddy
A bit of light relief in these serious times ...

Del Boy falling through the bar in OFAH is obviously a classic but most of mine are from One Foot In The Grave.

The episode where Meldrew gets burgled: Monday Morning Will Be Fine (S3, E1) has a fabulously well-crafted beginning; and The Broken Reflection (S3, E3) ... the one where Victor puts the garden hose through the wrong door, actually had me falling out of my hospital bed with laughter when I had meningitis.

Your proper LOL comedy sketches please.

Links to vids would be good if you can find them.

More coming to mind… As already documented in its own thread, Father Ted is an absolute gem, with dozens upon dozens of brilliant and memorable scenes and gags. This is one of my all-time favourites, not only for the laughter factor of it in itself, but its deeper message in relation to the series’ premise :D

The Speed milk float one of Father Ted.
Yeah, that was fucking brilliant. From the ‘he wants to put his massive tool in my box’ talk by Mrs Doyle, to the post-credits scene when Dougal sits up in bed suddenly realising ‘those women were in the nip!’

On a different episode, Father Jack’s accidental visit to an Alcoholic Anonymous meeting was vintage as well

I was going to say The Office Training Day one, but it's not that stand-outish as 70% of the episodes have equally hall-of-fame status. Maybe the same for the "Read the small print in your conetract" PArtridge (doesn't he go on a rampage with Michael?"

Fawlty Towers - Communication problems, Germans and probably my fave, Hotel Inspector...Nope Communication problems actually probably my favourite...Nope The Germans, purely for the Major line of taking the girl to see India, and talking to the moose :D The "don't mention it" is actually really tiresome all these years later, but Major talking to the moose and "I didn't think the Canadians were as clever as that" is still lol

(FF the first 21 seconds, the reason I don't have much time for FT as it's just got some fairly tired 70's crap in there)

Red Dwarf 'Quarantine' is up there for me. I remember when it first came on I think my brother and I just laughed continuously from the moment Rimmer appeared in the Gingham Dress.

Flibble-1.jpg

Red Dwarf 'Quarantine' is up there for me. I remember when it first came on I think my brother and I just laughed continuously from the moment Rimmer appeared in the Gingham Dress.

Flibble-1.jpg
Was that the one with Duane Dibbley? That was well good.

Spaced - 'Battles' (or 'Epiphanies' just for the rave scene)
Father Ted - 'A Song For Europe'
How I Met Your Mother - 'Slapbet'
Community - 'Remedial Chaos Theory' or the two-parter - 'Digital Exploration of Interior Design' and 'Pillows and Blankets'
Frasier - 'The Innkeepers'
The IT Crowd - 'Work Outing'
Parks and Rec - 'Flu Season'

The Broken Reflection (S3, E3) ... the one where Victor puts the garden hose through the wrong door, actually had me falling out of my hospital bed with laughter when I had meningitis.
:D We literally just watched this tonight (yes, light relief needed).

I'm psyching myself up for the one where he takes Mrs Warboys to the dentist - saw it years ago and it has to be one of the funniest sitcom episodes I've ever seen. In fact the whole of One Foot In The Grave is brilliant - we're crying with laughter at every episode.

Has anyone else seen the episode of Frasier where he throws a guy out of his wheelchair on stage, believing he's a fake? "Frasier" Wheels of Fortune (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb :eek: :D :D :D

Last edited:
A few, in no particular order: -

Blackadder 2: Beer
Yes, Minister: The Compassionate Society
Yes, Prime Minister: The Key
Father Ted: Are You Right There, Father Ted?
One Foot in the Grave: Warm Champagne
Dad's Army: The King was in His Counting House
Steptoe & Son: Men of Letters
Fawlty Towers: Gourmet Evening
Only Fools & Horses: Danger UXD
Red Dwarf: Legion

:D We literally just watched this tonight (yes, light relief needed).

I'm psyching myself up for the one where he takes Mrs Warboys to the dentist - saw it years ago and it has to be one of the funniest sitcom episodes I've ever seen. In fact the whole of One Foot In The Grave is brilliant - we're crying with laughter at every episode.

I think the thing with OFiTG, is that humour comes from the build-up. If you tell it it to someone ".... and then he sticks a hose through a letterbox", it's not funny. But the whole episode is comedy fucking gold!

Del Boy the yuppie, falling through the bar ... you can describe that to someone who's never seen it and probably get a laugh, but Meldrew getting burgled and his neighbour watching the football is fucking genius that has to be watched.

Brilliant lines ...

"I told you they were burglers. That's 50p you owe me"

"Removal men be buggered"

"Dressed a bit like the SAS"

.... all in the first minute:

Last edited:
Blackadder Goes Forth - 'Corporal Punishment'

The courtroom scenes in particular - Melchett's emotional testimony, defence counsel being fined for turning up, George reading Blackadder's prepared closing speech but not seeing the 2nd page :D. But also the interactions with the firing squad and jailer, all gold.

Basically any bit of any episode of Friday Night Dinner with Jim the neighbour and Wilson the dog.
And any bit with the wonderful Paul Ritter as the dad.
That programme makes me laugh so much I have to pause it so I can catch my breath! :D

I would put up a clip but as has been discussed its the build up during an episode to the end ludicrousity that is so funny.

There was a hilarious segment from "All in the family" that kept running through my mind for the longest time.
It always brought a smile to my face, and then someone on facebook linked to it.

I'm definitely a sock-sock type of person.

:D

I don't think any other sitcom episode has made me laugh as much as the final few minutes of Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Grand Opening.

It was the Helen Handicapped episode that I had to stop three times because I was laughing so much.

The only other one that matched it was the final episode of Black Books. Just the word 'clownercise' brings a massive smile to my face.

Spaced - 'Battles' (or 'Epiphanies' just for the rave scene)
Father Ted - 'A Song For Europe'
How I Met Your Mother - 'Slapbet'
Community - 'Remedial Chaos Theory' or the two-parter - 'Digital Exploration of Interior Design' and 'Pillows and Blankets'
Frasier - 'The Innkeepers'
The IT Crowd - 'Work Outing'
Parks and Rec - 'Flu Season'
The IT Crowd Work Outing episode is my all time favourite. "I'm disabled." I mean, so wrong but hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣

(For the record, I'm disabled and find it hilarious.)

Flibble-1.jpg
That wasn't funny, it was fucking terrifying! :(

(At least the first time I watched it :oops: )

Back
Top Bottom