Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Funniest Chants (or the most offensive chants) you have heard

Obviously. :) traditionally Liverpool would be the 'prod' team on Merseyside and Everton the Cafflick one - although those days seem well gone for the vast majority of Liverpool fans.

I have no idea which is which and which United's is either. In fact I can never remember which the Scottish ones are either. :)

@Glitter

Thanks for the PM. You were right not to post it. Like you said... there are some places one should not go.

A Geordie acquaintance was proudly telling me of a game in the 80's when - after a previous encounter in which a petrol bomb was (allegedly) thrown at West Ham fans by a Geordie - the Toon Army sang

'Scream when you're burnin
You only scream when you're burning'.

Anybody shed any light on this?

A Geordie acquaintance was proudly telling me of a game in the 80's when - after a previous encounter in which a petrol bomb was (allegedly) thrown at West Ham fans by a Geordie - the Toon Army sang

'Scream when you're burnin
You only scream when you're burning'.

Anybody shed any light on this?
Don't know about the song but remember the petrol bomb being thrown, the fella that threw it got 3 years, he would be lifed off today.

Don't bother, sorry that I asked

So was I. And in fairness Glitter was apologetic.

Funny isn't it how we can laugh out loud at the wit of Luton fans singing the Dodi song at his grieving (billionaire) daddy - but Hillsborough/Munich etc leave us stone cold.

Funny isn't it how we can laugh out loud at the wit of Luton fans singing the Dodi song at his grieving (billionaire) daddy - but Hillsborough/Munich etc leave us stone cold.
Closer to home probably and we can identify with those killed and those left behind to grieve.

I was telling you the words, not ever endorsing them.

I'm not keen on the Dodi thing either tbh. But Munich was my club and Hillsborough could have been any one of us. (One of t'other half's mates was in the Leppings Lane end that day and FIL to be was in another stand.)

I was once persuaded to provide p.a. for and to compere a pre-match 'party' for about 700 at a United away game. The singsong was going along dandily til some fuckin drunken eejit - infused with the spirit of fraternalism and 'spirits' in general - decided to sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. Cue an avalanche of cans (thank fuck no glasses or bottles were given out).

10 minutes later some clown decided to sing 'Who's that lying n the carpet?'. In fairness he was booed off and hit with several cans - at least one of which appeared full (though I don't know if it was beer or piss).

It was touch and go (and decidedly uneasy) when the strippers were on... but then on came the 'Comedian' who strated lecturing the crowd about their manners. He might have gotten away with it too, if he wasn't a dead ringer for Ian Rush. As the first cans began to rain down amidst chants of 'You Scouse bastard' to the outraged 'comedican' who insisted on telling them 'well that's where you're wrong see, cos I'm from bloody birmingham"... I was sure my gear would soon be in smithereens so me and the fella who was organising the do just picked him up, carried him off stage and fucked him out the back door - just ahead of the posse of irate and drunken knuckle-draggers.

True.

Fed will be able to confirm if it was sung at Everton fans as well as LFC ones - I suspect it was/is.

It was, but from what the Kopites i've known have said it semed they got it far more tight on this song than we did.

and speaking of anal fun... I think the 'You only sing when you're rimming' one to Brighton fans is the wittiest one presented thus far.

Back
Top Bottom