Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Funniest Chants (or the most offensive chants) you have heard

And would it be racist to sing you eat snails or frogs legs in your own country to a French player?

Only in sleatercuntibollock's head. But never mind, let's have another thread about all about him... and how angry he is with the world since all ye nasty fellas all ridiculed him on the Suarez thread.

Seems these ones are all basically anti-Irish (a reference to the famine, no?)
No it was one of the live aid concerts, remember the song that Bono and all the other pop star sang? Feed the people I think was the original line.

Hardly. It's Southern contempt for the feckless lot up North, who never had the gumption to develop a services-based economy. Nothing anti-Irish about it.

No it was one of the live aid concerts, remember the song that Bono and all the other pop star sang? Feed the people I think was the original line.

yeah I know the song it's a tune for, but that and the rats one are basically 'you're so fucking poor you're starving, haha' sung at a club from a city with massive Irish immigration. Hibs get the rats one and their full name is Edinburgh Hibernian.

yeah I know the song it's a tune for, but that and the rats one are basically 'you're so fucking poor you're starving, haha' sung at a club from a city with massive Irish immigration. Hibs get the rats one and their full name is Edinburgh Hibernian.
I am Irish.

That's correct cos I remember City playing Sheffield Wednesday during the miners strike and we sang "feed the miners, let them know its Christmas time". Of course some of my thicker mates thought it was just a clever rmix of the Scouser song.
Can;t remember what we sand to Notts Co that season; scab counts was about the height of it.

That's correct cos I remember City playing Sheffield Wednesday during the miners strike and we sang "feed the miners, let them know its Christmas time". Of course some of my thicker mates thought it was just a clever rmix of the Scouser song.
Can;t remember what we sand to Notts Co that season; scab counts was about the height of it.
I used to sing sign on sign on cos you'll never get a job at them, and I was on the dole myself.

I used to sing sign on sign on cos you'll never get a job at them, and I was on the dole myself.

Yeah that old one too. i did it when i was on the dole as well.
As a city, Manchester just seems to have such a superiority complex when it comes to Liverpool.
And to whoever asked if it was also sung at Everton fans. of course. They're the blue dippers.

Yeah that old one too. i did it when i was on the dole as well.
As a city, Manchester just seems to have such a superiority complex when it comes to Liverpool.
And to whoever asked if it was also sung at Everton fans. of course. They're the blue dippers.
Nah, would not use the word superiority, lot of rivalry for some reason, but away from the football it is mostly good natured, don't know anyone who genuinely hates Scousers.

The next verse is 'you piss on the carpet and shit in the bath, you finger your Grandma and think it's a laugh'

Then 'Your Mum's on the game and your Dad's in the nick, you can't get a job 'cause you're too fucking thick'

So no, don't think it's an anti Irish thing. Just a parody of In your Liverpool home with some not nice words.

I won't repeat the final verse, there's places I won't go.

*shrug* maybe. I just think it's a bit like Rangers singing the Famine Song at Celtic.

@wee piper

That song was sung by all and sundry in england - against whoever their most bitter rivals were.

Mind you I have NEVER heard it sung AT fans BY fans from the same city - which is clearly fuckin stupid and (on reflection) indeed sectarian/racist, when sung by Hertz fans about their fellow citizens.

But it had/has no racial connotations sarf of the border

tenuous link...
Nelson Mandela going through Dublin City on an open top bus....
to the shouts of 'ooo ah, Paul McGraths Da'.....

*shrug* maybe. I just think it's a bit like Rangers singing the Famine Song at Celtic.

Feed the scousers is to the tune of Band Aid. Again, nothing to do with the Irish, just local rivalries using pop songs.

In fact I'm sure using the Celtic/Rangers example Liverpool and United would fall on the same side of whichever goes with which (I can never remember or care that much)

@wee piper

That song was sung by all and sundry in england - against whoever their most bitter rivals were.

Mind you I have NEVER heard it sung AT fans BY fans from the same city - which is clearly fuckin stupid and (on reflection) indeed sectarian/racist, when sung by Hertz fans about their fellow citizens.
The next verse is 'you piss on the carpet and shit in the bath, you finger your Grandma and think it's a laugh'

Then 'Your Mum's on the game and your Dad's in the nick, you can't get a job 'cause you're too fucking thick'

So no, don't think it's an anti Irish thing. Just a parody of In your Liverpool home with some not nice words.

I won't repeat the final verse, there's places I won't go.

PM it to me if you won't type it:)

In fact I'm sure using the Celtic/Rangers example Liverpool and United would fall on the same side of whichever goes with which (I can never remember or care that much)

Obviously. :) traditionally Liverpool would be the 'Proddy' team on Merseyside and Everton the Cat-lick one - although those days seem well gone for the vast majority of Liverpool fans.

Back
Top Bottom