Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Friendliest People?

The guys at my corner shop are very friendly. They are Sikhs but they've got Birmingham accents and they live in Reading. I'm also not sure if their friendliness is based on their desire to make their shop profitable though.

With the Telegraph paywall, I can only see the first few paragraphs, which appear to be a parody of bad travel writing.

Everything about the late-afternoon performance I am attending in the town of Cajamarca is odd. Perhaps most bizarre of all is the fact that the girls who are being paraded before us are all of the bovine kind – precisely, milk cows, herded on the deep green pastures of the central Andes, where Peru produces most of its milk and cheese.

But also have to take account of those more reserved nations initially and then once you have a drink with them.....the Northern Irish for example.

I found the Californians saccharine, sickly and insincere.

I love the grumpy nations. IME Dutch, Jamaican, Nigerian. I trust grumpy.

But also have to take account of those more reserved nations initially and then once you have a drink with them.....the Northern Irish for example.

I found the Californians saccharine, sickly and insincere.

Yet to meet a Californian who wasn't a dickhead.

Some Chinese take the piss out of grumpy. Brilliant.

The generally frendliest people I've encountered, I think were Cubans but that was 30 years ago under full sanctions with still very little tourism there and they were eager to speak to outsiders for information.

The generally frendliest people I've encountered, I think were Cubans but that was 30 years ago under full sanctions with still very little tourism there and they were eager to speak to outsiders for information.
I had a similar experience with the Burmese that I met- back in 2006.

I hate to think what mad up bullshit you told them.

Back
Top Bottom