Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Freedom Press, firebombed - donations being accepted

Firky

The first of the gang
Banned
And they have no insurance cover. I am going to bung them a tenner in a cheque to help them out. Thought a few people on here may do the same.:cool:

If you’d like help us out financially, email subs@freedompress.org.uk and we’ll tell you how.

We are setting up a donation page. In the meanwhile, anyone who wants to donate can do so by ordering a book/s through the http://freedompress.org.uk website and emailing us at shop@freedompress.org.uk to let us know that your purchase was a donation. Please share!

Freedom Press@Freedom_PaperBREAKING: Freedom was firebombed last night. No-one hurt, upstairs is okay but shop and electrics have been seriously damaged.

Freedom Press@Freedom_Paper
Not much to be done today, but plan for cleanup and appeal for cash (no insurance coverage sadly) will be getting sorted out asap.

Many thanks for starting this thread. I keep updating the website with stuff – there's links to some photos and news items now, and I'm told there'll be something in the Guardian tomorrow.

On donations, a cheque is fine. Make it out to Freedom Press and send it to Freedom Press, 84b Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7QX. We don't have a PayPal account.

Still in a bit of a state of shock!

Cheers,
Jayne

Meatspace contact details:

Freedom Press
84b Whitechapel High Street
London E1 7QX
Tel/fax: 020 7247 9249

Webiste:

http://www.freedompress.org.uk/news/

Twitter:

@freedom_paper

Facebook:

?

Sabcat are doing a benefit t-shirt for the bookshop - all profits to Freedom

http://sabcat.com/product/freedom-benefit-t-shirt/

BCBpwsBCQAEirOe.jpg:large

Does anyone know if were specifically targeted because of what it sold or if it was just a random act?

Too early to say. The shop was firebombed by Combat 18, 20 years ago. And they had some far-right types in there mouthing off last year. But no-one's claimed it yet.

Clean-up at 1pm tomorrow

Champion. I hope they get enough donations to cover the damage and get back on their feet again with more stock than they previously had.

Too early to say. The shop was firebombed by Combat 18, 20 years ago. And they had some far-right types in there mouthing off last year. But no-one's claimed it yet.

Pricks. I didn't know they had been targeted in the past.

not that difficult to get in from the back though, and no cctv as im aware of
It's not impossible to get out the front, either, even with the gate closed. As anyone who has had the good fortune to be locked in after a late-running meeting can confirm.

bat020 on twitter said:
just popped over to Freedom Books and chatted to one of their folk there. attack was definitely deliberate: shutter forced open, window smashed, liquid poured in and set fire to. corner of shop badly damaged but most stock seems to have miraculously survived. could have been a lot worse, bloke says. details of appeal coming soon and shop should be reopened by next week.

So cleanup tomorrow folks, 1pm :)

If they are doing their job (plod) the CCTV in other areas to and from should be looked at for half an hour either side of the attack..they must have entered the area from somewhere. If the resources are put in this should result in a collar without them needing to brag.

Cunts. Premeditated cunts.

Good (for want of a better word) to see it's made the paper.

Back
Top Bottom