Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Forthcoming ACG Public Meeting on War in Ukraine

1649330587560.png

This postcard urging arms to be sent to the Republican Government during the Spanish Civil War was sent to the National Council of Labour (NCL) in 1937. The NCL address on the reverse is printed, so this postcard was part of a campaign organised (probably by the Communist Party) to persuade the NCL to oppose Government policy on Non-Intervention.

He won't.

I read it.

It seems to be quite a lot of people pointing out that 'inter-imperialist' is a load of old bollocks, along with you gradually backing down from various claims to the contrary.

Would be interesting to search for posts about 'NATO imperialism' from before this current conflict, and it becoming the hot take of tankies everywhere. You yourself never mentioned NATO once prior to January 2022.

I read it.

It seems to be quite a lot of people pointing out that 'inter-imperialist' is a load of old bollocks, along with you gradually backing down from various claims to the contrary.

Would be interesting to search for posts about 'NATO imperialism' from before this current conflict, and it becoming the hot take of tankies everywhere. You yourself never mentioned NATO once prior to January 2022.

I had wondered if people would see something imperialist in, say, Latvia's membership of NATO or in Finland's plans to join.

I had wondered if people would see something imperialist in, say, Latvia's membership of NATO or in Finland's plans to join.

They're waiting for the official position on that to be sent down from Comrade Commissar Galloway.

I think It's complicated. Obviously the reason countries like Latvia joined NATO isn't because they have grand imperial ambitions of Marching on Moscow one day. They joined because they are afraid of Russia doing to them what it is currently doing in Ukraine.

But at the same time them joining does benefit America and European imperialist ambitious having them as members.

There are a variety of Push and pull factors at work.

I read it.

"seems..."

Well, a bloke in the pub told me that Russia had always been Latvian and one day Latvia would take back control. At least, I think that's what he said. My Latvian is a bit rusty these days.

Well, a bloke in the pub told me that Russia had always been Latvian and one day Latvia would take back control. At least, I think that's what he said. My Latvian is a bit rusty these days.

I used to live with a Lithuanian guy with similar views, only with Lithuania instead of Latvia. According to him all western civilisation was derived from stuff Lithuanians invented.

I used to live with a Lithuanian guy with similar views, only with Lithuania instead of Latvia. According to him all western civilisation was derived from stuff Lithuanians invented.
He was probably at least half serious, though. I'd forgotten all about Lithuania's imperialist past.

ah fuckit nvm

I got a ticket to this meeting though and I'll do my best to log in on the night.
Will a link be forthcoming? And now I think of it, what platform will it be on? Serge Forward

Last edited:
Mason has just announced his ten tweet critique of some Corbyn statement and in the replies, he sets out what Corbyn should be doing . Can anyone expand on the Ukrainian left and people's war issue. ? I always thought that the left in Ukraine was extremely small and fragmented.

Mason has just announced his ten tweet critique of some Corbyn statement and in the replies, he sets out what Corbyn should be doing . Can anyone expand on the Ukrainian left and people's war issue. ? I always thought that the left in Ukraine was extremely small and fragmented.

I think you've got the wrong thread mate.

Back
Top Bottom