Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

That article suggests that his pot of money has run dry.

Can confirm.
The Queen's lawyers are proving more expensive than The Veiny One had thought.

Times are hard in Lower Essexshire
(and the bling was just gold plating, with no depth to it)

From the 25 Oct. 2018 Filing of the Liquidator, in re AGP Steel Structures Ltd
[Co.Reg.No.: 07687645]
AGP STEEL STRUCTURES LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

Antecedent Transactions, made to Creditors without a Validation Order provided by the Court, are a big problem. Doing so without an Order means that Transactions can be Voided and the Liquidator can seek the repayment of Voidable Transactions.

This has hit The Veiny One hard over the Autumn.

One imagines nothing was budgeted for, as regards Personal matters...knowing the Gentleman's Legendary Arrogance...and leathery hide.

As follows :
p.1 £54k to be repaid from a related Company under GT's Control
p1 £54k from AssCo.png

p.2 £39k to be repaid from rent unlawfully paid to GT
p.2 £9.5k to be repaid from salary unlawfully paid to Directors [GT]
p2 £48k from GT.png

p.2 £58k to be repaid from monies unlawfully paid to the Council
p.2 £substantial Antecedent Transaction with unnamed Creditor [GT]
p2 Preferential payments.png

Appendix C, p.11 briefly summarises the foregoing :
p11 Antecedent Transactions.png

The Antecedent Transactions did 3 things :
1) opened up such Transactions to being Voided by the Liquidator
2) opens the prospect of 'Discovery' as to all Transactions for 2 years prior to Liquidation
3) potentially strips the Directors of the benefit of the legal principle of Limited Liability

Number 3 is the most significant.

Overview :
Antecedent Recoveries

The Meaty Bits from the Manual :
PREFERENCES
TRANSACTIONS AT AN UNDERVALUE
OTHER ANTECEDENT RECOVERIES

It is, therefore, somewhat unsurprising that The Veiny One cannot be found for comment,
- is it, Mark Baker ?

Hey, GT - because I know that this will get back to you...
ALEA JACTA - TRANS FLVMEN RVBICONEM

A TDF is supposed to be left in TDF Blu.
You do not put a Cavallino into a plastic strait-jacket, you Heathen.
That, darling, was when it became something of a personal matter.

Last edited:
Well, the Liquidator's words are best to look at - in the attached images embedded in post.

But - TL,DR :

Tamplin paid £54k to an associated Company during a period proscribed by law.
Tamplin paid himself £39k in rent, unlawfully according to the Liquidator.
Tamplin paid himself £9.5k in salary, unlawfully according to the Liquidator.
Tamplin paid a "substantial" amount to an unnamed Creditor; unlawfully so, according to the Liquidator.

The Liquidator's Allegations of Unlawfulness have meant that those Transactions, totalling in excess of £100k, have been Unwound by the Liquidator and Tamplin has had to pay them back to the Liquidator.

Remember, the Report was written in October and the sums will now have been paid.
It's those unexpected payments becoming due which have sucked Capital away from BTFC and precipitated a purge amongst the Contracted Playing Staff.

The foregoing is a more plausible explanation than a mid-season switchover to Full Timers, en masse.

Frankly, that's just bullshit for the masses.

It appears that they've swallowed it, because the Liquidator's report is...well, written by an Insolvency Practitioner.

Bottom line, six-figures already paid. Another six-figures will have to be paid.
Or, Chase Meadows [that filth-pit of excess from the photos] will be sold for Recovery.

Because the Liquidator's Allegations are, ipso facto, proven by a simple fact of the dates involved, every outward-bound payment that Company has made can be Unwound by the Liquidator.

The Transactions can be Unwound in all cases where the Liquidator believes them to have been dubious and this can go back for a substantial period within the company's lifetime.

Because Tamplin is trying to/tried to fight/argue back, he will have accrued further Costs.

The Costs will apply to both the Liquidator and Tamplin's lawyers.
He is using the Queen's lawyers for his Corporate Affairs.

He cannot afford to do so.

He is looking at even more losses to stop up on this company.
More than he expected, more than his personal budgeting would have accounted.
The money planned to continue covering BTFC losses, 'until a new owner was to be found', dried up - with more likely to be taken by the Liquidator.

The money which went into BTFC from The Veiny One was Loans, not Equity.
If they owe anyone outside of their own little bobble-hat clique more than £750, then BTFC are very likely to be Petitioned and Wound Up. VERY LIKELY INDEED.

Last edited:
Well, the Liquidator's words are best to look at - in the attached images embedded in post.

But - TL,DR :

Tamplin paid £54k to an associated Company during a period proscribed by law.
Tamplin paid himself £39k in rent, unlawfully according to the Liquidator.
Tamplin paid himself £9.5k in salary, unlawfully according to the Liquidator.
Tamplin paid a "substantial" amount to an unnamed Creditor; unlawfully so, according to the Liquidator.

The Liquidator's Allegations of Unlawfulness have meant that those Transactions, totalling in excess of £100k, have been Unwound by the Liquidator and Tamplin has had to pay them back to the Liquidator.

Remember, the Report was written in October and the sums will now have been paid.
It's those unexpected payments becoming due which have sucked Capital away from BTFC and precipitated a purge amongst the Contracted Playing Staff.

The foregoing is a more plausible explanation than a mid-season switchover to Full Timers, en masse.

Frankly, that's just bullshit for the masses.

It appears that they've swallowed it, because the Liquidator's report is...well, written by an Insolvency Practitioner.

Bottom line, six-figures already paid. Another six-figures will have to be paid.
Or, Chase Meadows [that filth-pit of excess from the photos] will be sold for Recovery.

Because the Liquidator's Allegations are, ipso facto, proven by a simple fact of the dates involved, every outward-bound payment that Company has made can be Unwound by the Liquidator.

The Transactions can be Unwound in all cases where the Liquidator believes them to have been dubious and this can go back for a substantial period within the company's lifetime.

Because Tamplin is trying to/tried to fight/argue back, he will have accrued further Costs.

The Costs will apply to both the Liquidator and Tamplin's lawyers.
He is using the Queen's lawyers for his Corporate Affairs.

He cannot afford to do so.

He is looking at even more losses to stop up on this company.
More than he expected, more than his personal budgeting would have accounted.
The money planned to continue covering BTFC losses, 'until a new owner was to be found', dried up - with more likely to be taken by the Liquidator.

The money which went into BTFC from The Veiny One was Loans, not Equity.
If they owe anyone outside of their own little bobble-hat clique more than £750, then BTFC are very likely to be Petitioned and Wound Up. VERY LIKELY INDEED.

#Lol

“With the current regime and situation surrounding the club” translates to “I’m off because they’re no longer going to accede to my grossly inflated wage demands.”

You would assume that he's had media training, so I agree it's aping that mode. But 'their/they're/there/there are' a couple of errors which make me suspect that it's definitely O'Hara's oeuvre..... :D

It's just one long sentence (with spelling and capitalisation errors). Maybe it was done by an unpaid PR intern?

Wheels coming off? Nice to see Waldren getting sent off, maybe he can spend a few weekends with Glenn and clean his pool!

1-5. Festive LOLcakes all round.

So they've let in no less than NINE goals in their last two games, and scored just one in response.

It's not just the wheels coming off. The wagon has just collapsed with dry rot and the driver has legged it down the road.

1-5. Festive LOLcakes all round.

So they've let in no less than NINE goals in their last two games, and scored just one in response.

It's not just the wheels coming off. The wagon has just collapsed with dry rot and the driver has legged it down the road.
Still a non league club, who's fans have largely been decent to us, being fucked over. I don't take any pleasure from that

Still a non league club, who's fans have largely been decent to us, being fucked over. I don't take any pleasure from that

Yep decent fans like Mark Baker? I didn’t see too many of them complaining about Glenn when he was splashing his illegal (allegedly) cash!!!! No sympathy from me they should have held protests like we did against a bully boy owner with loads of cash!

This is it, for me. I think we'd have been glad to see money into the club, but I hope we'd have had the sense to question (and challenge) where it was coming from. There's a lot of people left high and dry by tamplinn's actions.

Lovely Mark represents the exception to the rule...and is a lonely virgin. I love him though.

Yes we love him particularly when he said he would be running round Dulwich with his willy hanging out singing we have stadium don’t you! Remember that Mark care to comment now?

Back
Top Bottom