Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

To save people a feast of pop ups and ads, here's the text:

Madcap Billericay Town owner Glenn Tamplin sacked new manager Steve Watt within two hours of giving him the job - having discovered he had a pop at him in the press last season.

The controversial millionaire put the club up for sale last week amid accusations he snorted cocaine in the changing room toilets before taking charge of their September 1 game against Woking.

He performed a U-turn on Sunday after police took no further action against him but the drama didn’t stop there.

Maidstone United caretaker boss Watt agreed to help him run the National League South side and was introduced to the players via their WhatsApp group.

At 2pm on Monday Tamplin welcomed the new arrival by adding him to the team chat but he wasn’t there for long.

Within a few hours Watt was abruptly booted out of the group with the squad left scratching their heads.

Then at 5.30pm, Tamplin returned saying: ‘I’ve had to sack him bcoz he was slagging us off last year.

One shocked Billericay player told Mirror Sport: “One minute we were all saying how much we were looking forward to working with the guy, the next he was gone.

“I’ve never seen anything like it. Apparently when he was in charge of Margate last season he had a few digs at Glenn and it’s all come out. Hopefully something gets sorted soon.”
The search goes on for a new manager after the Essex owner fired popular Harry Wheeler late last month following a first defeat of the season.

Tamplin failed to get the well-respected coach to return and on Monday Wheeler was handed the Maidstone job.

Hang on a minute. Maybe we've overlooked something. Shouldn't Mr Tamplin be something of hero to Dulwich fans? Not from a privileged background or education he has shown that anyone can make good, if they work hard. #Tamplinomics

Hang on a minute. Maybe we've overlooked something. Shouldn't Mr Tamplin be something of hero to Dulwich fans? Not from a privileged background or education he has shown that anyone can make good, if they work hard. #Tamplinomics
He hasn't made good though has he? Look how he got to where he is.

For a man who can over a million on the 'Billericay Ferrari', you'd think he could afford to splash out a bit for the important things - like a decent manager.
“I had a chat with Steve Watt about the job, but we couldn’t come to an agreement.

“I offered him £400 per week but he wanted £500 per week, so I didn’t call him back and I never offered him the job.”

New manager Dean Brennan from Hemel Hempstead. I wonder if he is being paid less than the Billericay players? A Tenner says he'll be gone before the end of October.

So they're top of the table, propped up by oodles of cash, and they're still only pulling in 1,420 at home.

*Ordinarily, I'd say that's a pretty good attendance, but Tamplin.

So they're top of the table, propped up by oodles of cash, and they're still only pulling in 1,420 at home.

*Ordinarily, I'd say that's a pretty good attendance, but Tamplin.
I’m sure 1420 at Dulwich matches would be welcomed.

According to The Non League Paper Billy Ricky have just signed 4 new players just in time for our visit. Kerching $$$$$$$$$$$$

'Striker Ross Lafayette and defenders Callum Jahraldo-Martin, Joe Coveney and Ethan Stewart all came through the door at New Lodge ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup clash with Taunton Town'.

Last edited:
According to The Non League Paper Billy Ricky have just signed 4 new players just in time for our visit. Kerching $$$$$$$$$$$$

'Striker Ross Lafayette and defenders Callum Jahraldo-Martin, Joe Coveney and Ethan Stewart all came through the door at New Lodge ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup clash with Taunton Town'.

Isn’t Callum ours?

Edited to add. Looked him up. Good agent son!

Tbh i did not think they would start as well has they have.
I know they have had money thrown at them which helps but still.
I think Dulwich can beat them with the right gameplan -have a little more flair

Looks like Billericay have sold all their players and there is going to be an official announcement about the future of the club at half time today.
An unofficial spokesperson for BTFC said 'It appears our business model had some inaccuracies, in fact it was shite. We are adjusting our ambitions and are not likely to be in the football league in two years. We should have listened to those Dulwich fans who warned us. We are sorry that our financial doping robed them of the Isthmian league championship last season'.

Last edited:
Rather than worry about Billericay WTF is going wrong on the pitch at Dulwich, today’s performance was abysmal.
I think it's possible to worry about Hamlet's performance *and* discuss another football-related topic.

Still, despite off field problems, Billericay struggled to a 2-0 win today.

Still, despite off field problems, Billericay struggled to a 2-0 win today.
I wonder what's motivating the players?

chasing-money.jpg

I doubt they're saleable for any actual money or self sustainable with a £10k per week wage bill tbh. Guess there's another level of implosion to come yet.

The Blues have been running on a reported wage bill of £22,000 however with Tamplin withdrawing his monetary support, the Club are having to reduce this figure to £10,000.

A number of key players have already departed the Club as a result of the wage cuts. Adam Cunnington, Scott Doe and Ricky Modeste all departed the AGP Arena on a busy Friday afternoon, while Blues top-scorer Jake Robinson was sold to Maidstone United on an undisclosed fee.

Tamplin recently revealed that he was looking to sell the Club; however, it was regarded that his demands have not been met by any potential suitors.

But with the steel magnate not having been seen at the Club for three weeks, it is believed that the controversial owner no longer has the financial assets to run the Club.

A source close to the Blues told The Non League Paper: “Glenn’s involvement with the Club is finished. He hasn’t been seen here for weeks; there is no money going in.

Volunteers have been chipping in to do work that people were supposed to have been paid to do. There is no money left.”

Money running out as Tamplin prepares to sell - Matt Lee - Journalist

Back
Top Bottom