Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

When was the last time that happened at Champion Hill or for that matter any other club. There is more to this man Tamplin......

We just raised 9K for charity, Glenn Tamplin picks two people off the street, parades them round in an uncomfortable photoshoot infront of a giant mural of himself, and gets the papers on it within an hour.

Ahh, Humble Humble Glenn.

Oh yeah, and one of them left within 2 hours and was back on the street. Was this for their benefit or his? If they stay and he helps them, great. But as soon as you start bragging about helping the homeless and have it in national papers within hours, it devalues your selflessness a little don't you think?

We just raised 9K for charity, Glenn Tamplin picks two people off the street, parades them round in an uncomfortable photoshoot infront of a giant mural of himself, and gets the papers on it within an hour.

Ahh, Humble Humble Glenn.

Oh yeah, and one of them left within 2 hours and was back on the street. Was this for their benefit or his? If they stay and he helps them, great. But as soon as you start bragging about helping the homeless and have it in national papers within hours, it devalues your selflessness a little don't you think?
I accept your comments and agree it is a very strange situation. This story has a long way to run and I find it fascinating. A bit like watching a cartoon runaway train and wondering whether it will actually reach a destination or stop or come of the tracks. In amongst it all a working class lad dun good and we all know how much we tip our hat to the rich who do us over daily but detest a working class lad who has made loadsa money.

Or give a flying fuck. Here we all pitch in and have been doing so consistently. The monies we raise come out of our collective initiatives, not the wallet of 1 very rich man. And our activities reflect well on the club, not 1 persons narcissism.
I agree with everything you say but find it kinda sad that you have all let wealthy arsewipes at many other clubs up and down the country off the hook and not a peep from you. Then mr working class macho man comes along and you slate him.

I agree with everything you say but find it kinda sad that you have all let wealthy arsewipes at many other clubs up and down the country off the hook and not a peep from you. Then mr working class macho man comes along and you slate him.

This has nothing to do with 'class' - as the man hasn't fucking got any!

Which “wealthy arsewipes” would they be? And how do they relate to Dulwich Hamlet?
If there is comment on here about Billericay it’s because they are in the same League as us. Why would we be expected to comment on (to pick clubs at random) Chelsea or Hoffenheim?

Which “wealthy arsewipes” would they be? And how do they relate to Dulwich Hamlet?
If there is comment on here about Billericay it’s because they are in the same League as us. Why would we be expected to comment on (to pick clubs at random) Chelsea or Hoffenheim?
FFS always Chelsea.

Of course it's very sad. But why publicise it?

Quite, most people would keep that pretty private. Can't imagine his wife will be thrilled to have it all over the internet.

Ummm, are you criticizing him for this? Because whilst he may have been cuntish before, moaning about him telling people about one of the worst things that can happen to any prospective parent is beyond cuntish in itself

Yeah think it's a bit out of order to criticise him for that. It's not like he's sold the story to The Sun is it? And really that culture of keeping things like that private is quite damaging tbh.

The more i read it, the more i think those two comments are not only shameful, they're damaging to our club.

And you're quite right, the culture of keeping things quiet/private is amazingly damaging. If anything, Tamplin has done absolutely the right thing here. I feel for him and his missus.

Ummm, are you criticizing him for this? Because whilst he may have been cuntish before, moaning about him telling people about one of the worst things that can happen to any prospective parent is beyond cuntish in itself

Yeah, I am totally. It's the kind of thing you would disclose to close friends, not everyone in the whole world. Unless you were the kind of person who will use absolutely anything to promote their own "personal cult". Have you ever seen anyone tweet or facebook etc that before?

Yeah, I am totally. It's the kind of thing you would disclose to close friends, not everyone in the whole world. Unless you were the kind of person who will use absolutely anything to promote their own "personal cult". Have you ever seen anyone tweet or facebook etc that before?

Yes i have and if anything it's been a benefit.

i suffer from fairly major mental health issues and seeing people post stuff like that, which is very similar to Tamplin posts, encouraged me to go seek help. It also encourages a wider discussion around topics that are almost always swept under the carpet. Putting painful things 'out there' is like ripping off a scab. it may be painful but int he end it's a benefit.

He's using his wifes miscarriage to promote his own personal cult? Fucks sake. That's bang out of order.

I think you've totally lost perspective on this. I'm not a fan of the guy either but step back and take a look at what you're saying eh?

I think you've totally lost perspective on this. I'm not a fan of the guy either but step back and take a look at what you're saying eh?

Perspective? I haven't taken the piss out of what is a sad situation, just questioned why he would want to broadcast such a personal life-event. Anyway, I will shut up now.

Perspective? I haven't taken the piss out of what is a sad situation, just questioned why he would want to broadcast such a personal life-event. Anyway, I will shut up now.

Bit late now eh?

You still ain't seen the insensitive (at best) nature of your comments? Why not think over how sneering they are, how hurtful they are and how damaging to our club they are. There are myriad things to have a pop or moan at Tamplin for, this is absolutely not one of them.

Tamplin is a public figure and has told, via a public forum, people the reasons he will be taking a backseat for a little bit. He's handled a very painful time for him and his wife in just about the best way he could have.

Back
Top Bottom