Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

YTC

Human Man
According to press in Essex, Craig Edwards has resigned, and local wideboy and owner Glenn Tamplin will be managing the side this weekend.

On top of that, he just signed Paul Konchesky...

Let's hope it goes better than when they tried to defrost the pitch with kettles...

You can sense that his commitment to Billiericay was always 100% solid from the start:
GT explained why he chose Billericay. The first reason was because Dagenham and Redbridge turned down his offer. He’d also spoken to Bishops Stortford but the deal wasn’t right for him. So there was an element of luck, but he is very happy at the set up at Billericay and feels fortunate that other offers did not go through.
Billericay Town Fans’ Forum – as it happened | Phoenix FM

5812797.jpg

Doctor Robotnik reunited with Sonic and Tails.

"This club needs an improved fan base." Does he mean a bigger fanbase or is he simply looking for a higher quality sort of fan?
Definitely more numbers I reckon. A couple of seasons ago I recall a Billericay fan on their message board commenting that "I wouldn't mind the numbers they [Dulwich] get, but I wouldn't want the type of supporters they get." (Presumably women, children, ethnic minorities and anyone else who doesn't fit the 'football fan' sterotype of being a locally born and bred working class white bloke who's followed the club since childhood?)

Definitely more numbers I reckon. A couple of seasons ago I recall a Billericay fan on their message board commenting that "I wouldn't mind the numbers they [Dulwich] get, but I wouldn't want the type of supporters they get." (Presumably women, children, ethnic minorities and anyone else who doesn't fit the 'football fan' sterotype of being a locally born and bred working class white bloke who's followed the club since childhood?)

What football needs Part I. Middle aged fat white blokes. Not enough of them.

think you need to edit this, having missed the letters" i" and " n" out after "born and".

Back
Top Bottom