Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

For All Mankind

I think it's gone from a fairly tight and plausible alternate history show into total fantasy inside 3 series. They used to "show their work" on sciencey things, and now hand-wave some fairly ludicrous stuff. That being said, I still enjoyed it and I'm still going to watch it.

think it's gone from a fairly tight and plausible alternate history show into total fantasy inside 3 series. They used to "show their work" on sciencey things, and now hand-wave some fairly ludicrous stuff. That being said, I still enjoyed it and I'm still going to watch it.
yeah especially the solar sail. Oh and the drilling for water too. It redeemed itself in the last few episodes though.

yeah especially the solar sail. Oh and the drilling for water too. It redeemed itself in the last few episodes though.
The first one isn’t that far fetched, it’s something being actively investigated at the moment…the central premise seems to be they’re about thirty years or so ahead of us tech wise…

A solar sailisn't crazy future tech. It's already been done. The way it worked in the show was utter nonsense though.

Edit: This wouldn't be a big deal if they hadn't set such a high standard in the first two series. I like SF, I'm used to a certain amount of hand-wavey stuff. But they set themselves a really high bar and then totally failed to reach it as they went on.

I 100% can't wait for this to start again.

Sadly, it's one of the main reasons I keep the streaming service. I mean, there is other ace content on the app, but this is one of the first shows I started watching and was immediately hooked.

As far fetched as some of the episodes may seem, the overall reach doesn't feel extremely off. I mean, we're there, but we're not there ... yet. For sure.

I've told a lot of people who are into (alternate) history and science fiction about For All Mankind. Those I talk to who don't know about it, are generally receptive, especially when I explain the basic premise and to take it with a grain of salt.

Totally counting down the days :D

Back
Top Bottom