Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballers whose surnames are foods

I thought there was a footballer called Macaroni or something v similar, but a quick Google indicates I've completely imagined it...

Edit: no hold on: Massimo Maccarone

Louis Almond (Blackpool), Mark Bunn (Sheff Utd), Jim Butter (Montrose), Jon Parkin (Preston), Tamer Tuna (Charlton).

Danny Bacon (ex-Lincoln), Mark Crisp (ex-Cheltenham), Ian Herring (ex-Swindon), Shaun Lamb (ex-Bristol City), Tommy Mutton (ex-Swansea), Nigel Pepper (ex-York).

Louis Almond (Blackpool), Mark Bunn (Sheff Utd), Jim Butter (Montrose), Jon Parkin (Preston), Tamer Tuna (Charlton).

Danny Bacon (ex-Lincoln), Mark Crisp (ex-Cheltenham), Ian Herring (ex-Swindon), Shaun Lamb (ex-Bristol City), Tommy Mutton (ex-Swansea), Nigel Pepper (ex-York).
Impressive list. Was this all off the top of you head, or did you look them up on some food and football website?

Impressive list. Was this all off the top of you head, or did you look them up on some food and football website?

Mostly names I kind of vaguely remembered, then looked up on Soccerbase to find out where they were now. Though Nigel Pepper is ex-Scunny and famous for playing a couple of games then getting injured whilst committing a foul he got sent off for and never getting around to playing for us again. Not Brian Laws's most effective signing. I'm also a big fan of Jon Parkin, simply because he looks more like a Shot Putter than a footballer.

The Everton Mints XI

Andy King Sized Mar Bar
Bob Batchford
Trevor Ross Frozen Peas
Howard Kendal Mint Cake
Gary Nutmegson
Dixie Bean
Uncle Joes Mint Alan Balls
Joe Parkinson Cake
Gary Lineker Generic Crisps
Alex Young's Frozen Prawns
Gordon Sarah Lee Cakes

there used to be an italian player named cannalagge, or something like that but the pronunciation was the same

Everton just keep giving more

steven piennar
dan gosling
Victor(y) V Anichebe
jose baxters soup

then there is: fabrizio ravioli

Back
Top Bottom