Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Finally, we can discuss Radio listening figures . RAJAR release stats .

I see someone mentioned Code South - I went to Brighton years ago on a date and loved what I heard on my car radio.

I used to listen to BBC Berkshire quite a bit when I lived in Reading as my neighbour was the breakfast show roving reporter.

These days it’s mostly podcasts, including lots of radio 4 ones. If on a long car journey it’s either Radio 2 or 5 Live, occasionally Classic, there’s also a Kiss FM soundalike (pirate I think) I can pick up in Exeter but not in the valley where I live, whose name I forget.

Problem with my ancient car radio is when radio stations change frequency by area, so often its easier to change radio station than try and retune it.

I have BBC 6 Music on all day when wfh. I'm listening at the moment. Evenings are actually a lot better than daytime. For all it's failings, it's still my favourite channel. Years ago now, but I bought my first DAB radio specifically to listen to 6 Music.

My van hasn't got DAB, and I can't think of an AM/FM channel I like, so I play CDs.

I see someone mentioned Code South - I went to Brighton years ago on a date and loved what I heard on my car radio.

CodeSouth has been getting away with it for over 10 years, and they never seem to get raided, or if they have, it's not been reported in the local papers, which I've checked.

In fact the only mentions they've had in The Argus is when some of their DJs are appearing at certain events, as if it's a legal station. Although, they claim they are, being only online and knowing nothing about who's relaying them on FM.

Back
Top Bottom