Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

Yep I'm also waiting for DLC. I think I've pretty much rinsed the game as it is - I mean there are still places I haven't been to and some side quests I haven't done, but I've completed the main quest once and done a load of settlement stuff.

I really wish the main quest was a bit less personal iykwim, one of my main problems with the game is that everything quest-wise is given too much urgency for a game where just exploring is a load of fun, I played it with the feeling that I couldn't drop everything and just wander off for a bit. The main quest is the main culprit, but bloody timed 'save the settlement' quests just felt like work with a shit load of deadlines after a while.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed playing the game, but I think I need mods and dlc before I tackle it again!

(Btw I know some people find it a bit directionless, but for me personally, Morrowind hit the sweet spot for an open world game in terms of quest urgency - ie. there really wasn't any. The main quest started with "deliver this letter", and even the guild/temple/cult/legion quests required you to raise certain skills before taking further quests, which encouraged exploration. And as exploration is really Bethesda's strongest card (and story often the weakest), it focuses the game away from the strongest part if the questing feels too urgent).

Last edited:
Ahem...

Sanctuary has everything you need really; water supply, room for crops, all the crafting stations (or is it missing chemistry?). Other than that there's the minutemen quest line which requires a few settlement quests.

It doesn't have a chemistry station and the cooking station is AGES away (post apocalyptic world problems)

No it isn't. Its right by the workshop. Cause i picked it up and moved it there.

Show off.

It does have a chemistry station. I forget where it is to begin with, but I've moved it to the workshop with everything else (including the cooking station).

Is the witcher worth bothering with? See I HATED Skyrim. A lot to do with basic combat. But I need a fallout shaped hole in my life. (I bought a bobble head for the dash board of my car)

The Witcher 3 is lauded as one of the best modern rpgs. The main complaint I hear from people is the combat, but I haven't played it yet so I don't know how it compares to Skyrim's combat.

The Witcher 3 is lauded as one of the best modern rpgs. The main complaint I hear from people is the combat, but I haven't played it yet so I don't know how it compares to Skyrim's combat.

Combat in W3 is as good as any other open world type RPG I'd say, and better than most. It can get a bit unbalanced as you go through the game and can carve through opponents a bit too easily but otherwise it's pretty good.

It's not perfect but then if combat is your priority just get Bloodborne instead.

Is the witcher worth bothering with? See I HATED Skyrim. A lot to do with basic combat. But I need a fallout shaped hole in my life. (I bought a bobble head for the dash board of my car)

Combat is very different to Skyrim. Lots of dodging and button mashing.

Combat in W3 is as good as any other open world type RPG I'd say, and better than most. It can get a bit unbalanced as you go through the game and can carve through opponents a bit too easily but otherwise it's pretty good.

It's not perfect but then if combat is your priority just get Bloodborne instead.

Really. I've found some of the monsters nails! Got very sick of looking at load screens.

Really. I've found some of the monsters nails! Got very sick of looking at load screens.

How far in are you? I found it gets easier as you go through - some of the higher level monsters are still pretty tough until you get to quite a high level (although I don't think you need to be at the same level they're at) but after a certain point I could cut down groups of soldiers without really needing to try.

How far in are you? I found it gets easier as you go through - some of the higher level monsters are still pretty tough until you get to quite a high level (although I don't think you need to be at the same level they're at) but after a certain point I could cut down groups of soldiers without really needing to try.

I'm up to L14. I find groups of humans and lower level monsters easy enough most of the time, it's the boss style fights. I've actually started turning down he difficulty for them, which I don't like doing but my gaming time and patience is limited :oops:

What about Wasteland 2, it's not first person, but it's post apocalyptic, and the person behind it is the same person as behind the original Wasteland, and Fallout 1/2.

What about Wasteland 2, it's not first person, but it's post apocalyptic, and the person behind it is the same person as behind the original Wasteland, and Fallout 1/2.

Tempted. I looked at it. It's 40 on the Mac?

Tempted. I looked at it. It's 40 on the Mac?

I'd seriously try the witcher mate. It's nothing like skyrim other then it has swords and I got a copy of eBay for 20 quid.

It has its faults, but it feels "next gen" in a way Fallout doesn't.

I got WL2 in the steam sale for half price. I've started it a couple of times, realised that I stuffed up character creation (in different ways) and restarted it.

You can get it for ps4/XBone for about 20 quid.

It's not next gen, but it's a proper old school rpg (first proper mission you get, for example, results in a hard choice about who to save)

Monkeygrinder's Organ said:
For me personally I think the Witcher 3 has really raised the bar for the depth of content you can have in an open world game and F4 hasn't really kept up.

Yep, that's the same for me, too. I'm immersed in W3 right now and it's a massive improvement on F4. I stuck with Fallout for a while but it bored me in the end.

I mean, how the fuck am I supposed to work out how to power up that transmitter in the Castle on my own, seriously?

Not to mention that comes after that bellend Mirelurk Queen.

i-zntqm8q-1050x10000.jpg

I mean, how the fuck am I supposed to work out how to power up that transmitter in the Castle on my own, seriously?

Not to mention that comes after that bellend Mirelurk Queen.

I had a shit load of time to play it, which always felt like it may come to an end abruptly. So I googled stuff like this. :oops:

While Im waiting for the Witcher I am doing a new run through a woman with high perception and agility.

Also because I did the whole play through not knowing about cover....

Oh

The cheapest add on is settlement building

The robot add on looks like the mechanic from fallout 3 is back

And A Nick Valetine investigation!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom