Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

Someone I know has a fucking deathclaw show up every now and again when they go up to the Prydwyn. There it is, just wandering around the gangways for a few seconds before it realises where it is and tries to kill everyone.

It's quite satisfying to go up later proper tooled up and kill every last one of them. It's a tough fight and you can do it by stealth instead, but worth it seeing how easy the game gets later on.

As opposed to the bloody witcher where I spend so much time staring at load screens.

I swear god I'm getting the worst run of fucking tat loot from big badies.

a Pool cue dropped by a supermutant master

a spanner from a mirelurk hunter

and I just got a metal arm that gives me 15% off damage from robots from a Legendary death claw alpha. Who's leg do I have hump to get some decent armour. I have like three different options for my right arm and one for my left.

I've got a horde of useless pieces and about three excellent pieces for my right arm and only one for my left.

I've also supposedly got two weapons with "infinite" ammo, but when I load them up with Curie, (who in Synth mod appears to be unarmed), she still manages to eat through ammo.

Best gun of the game for me in the overseers combat rifle. In full auto mode it makes mince meat of just about anyone.

I've got bored of every quest and Am hunting pip boys and mags. I have a lovely reading room in sanctuary hills. Plan on making a mini bar and some nice decorations up

I never really used automatic weapons as early in game ammo is scare and by the time it wasn't my rifleman perks had to much invested in them.

I never really used automatic weapons as early in game ammo is scare and by the time it wasn't my rifleman perks had to much invested in them.

Actually I think your three perks should be lockpicking, ammo and fortune finder.

It only just dawned on me that I'm carrying a small fortune in 38 ammo

After completing this using some awesome pistols, a sniper rifle and le fusille terrible and being level 50 I was disappointed by the ending (chose the institute).

I deleted all my saves and started again with just a knife and got pickman's blade at about level 10 or 11. Met my first death-claw at level 17 and stabbed the fucker to death.

Finally completed this last night. 3 1/2 days of gameplay and level 46.
It was bloody easy by the end though, and I was playing in very hard. I think I only used my power armour a few times in the early mid-game...

There's a even nastier knife hidden in dunwich bores.

God the jet pack is rubbish.

I do like jumping off the Pyrdwn in power armour

Finally completed this last night. 3 1/2 days of gameplay and level 46.
It was bloody easy by the end though, and I was playing in very hard. I think I only used my power armour a few times in the early mid-game...

Yeah, the ending is a bit off difficulty wise, especially given how easily fucked you are up until the middle (on the first run at least). Built myself up obsessively on my first run, after getting into one too many fights I couldn't win by venturing too far into the badlands. By the time I met my first Deathclaws though I found that they weren't up to much. Kind of lost it's fear factor there. Same with Coursers, lots of hype and lots of ammo to take one on (mininukes, grenades, gauss rifle) and then Cait gets the kill with a shotgun.

Packs of Radscorpions still piss me off though.

A couple of things. Did the Giddyup Buttercup creator side quest (also handing in the holotape from the office), and well, that's depressing.

And having completely perked out Strong Back, that changes the game somewhat, as it means that you can easily stagger back to a shop/your base being massively over encumbered

A couple of things. Did the Giddyup Buttercup creator side quest (also handing in the holotape from the office), and well, that's depressing.

And having completely perked out Strong Back, that changes the game somewhat, as it means that you can easily stagger back to a shop/your base being massively over encumbered

Yeah but by the time I went near that Id pimped out pretty much everything.

There's a even nastier knife hidden in dunwich bores...
Kverms Tooth or whatever it's called? Yeah it does additional poison damage.

But Pickman's blade does 25 damage plus 25 bleed, which stacks, plus a 0.6 stealth multiplier plus (when they don't see me) 5.5x damage. This will go up to 10x in a few levels. I get 9 VATS strikes with it.

Bleed works against robots too.

I believe you can take the mod off krevmh's tooth and put it on other knives and the mod is what has the legendary effect rather than the knife itself. I *think*.

Level 32...I'm walking around the glowing sea area with leather armour and a knife looking for some decent fights, I think I'll need a Legendary Radscorpion or Deathwalker...Legendary ghouls last one hit. Time to put the difficulty up to max, I think.

Enjoying this MUCH MORE than first time round :)

Finished the main quest, sided with the Railroad, kinda feel bad, but they were the best of bad bunch. Question is that little cut scene the only end of game sequence?

Oh in true Bethbugsda fashion, I had a outstanding quest with the railroad that wouldn't finish but in the midst of the grand finale, the dialogue option appeared and we started talking about it while watching the vista of the commonwealth. :facepalm:

Finished the main quest, sided with the Railroad, kinda feel bad, but they were the best of bad bunch. Question is that little cut scene the only end of game sequence?

Oh in true Bethbugsda fashion, I had a outstanding quest with the railroad that wouldn't finish but in the midst of the grand finale, the dialogue option appeared and we started talking about it while watching the vista of the commonwealth. :facepalm:

I went RR as well. At some point I'll fire up an old save game to see the others. Letting of more nukes didn't seem the best way for a brighter future.

The game certainly feels hollow after finishing. Not much point playing any more.

My feeling about fallout 4 can be summed up by

Too much stuff trying to please everyone. People wanted building and trading and world building but it was hacked onto a story line that implied urgency. You want to rescue Shaun, so the silver shadow, and the Minutemen and everything else seem like a distraction, and yet once you finish the main quest there's little momentum to go on. By the time I ended the main quest I honestly wanted for nothing in terms of resources, everything was pretty pimped out. The dialogue tree is diluted to be meaningless. It's like they took all the great ideas blended them together and came out with a mess.

Dlc is on its way so if it gets good reviews I may start over.

My feeling about fallout 4 can be summed up by

Too much stuff trying to please everyone. People wanted building and trading and world building but it was hacked onto a story line that implied urgency. You want to rescue Shaun, so the silver shadow, and the Minutemen and everything else seem like a distraction, and yet once you finish the main quest there's little momentum to go on. By the time I ended the main quest I honestly wanted for nothing in terms of resources, everything was pretty pimped out. The dialogue tree is diluted to be meaningless. It's like they took all the great ideas blended them together and came out with a mess.

Dlc is on its way so if it gets good reviews I may start over.

Yeah I kind of agree. It's still a good game - I spent a lot of hours on it - but it wasn't quite as good as I wanted it to be and I was ultimately a bit disappointed in it. To be fair the lack of urgency in the main quest is something common to all the open worlds I've played: 'I must save the world! But first I'm going to explore the world, play a lot of cards and change my costume 30 times...' but I think it's more notable here as the main storyline is pretty shit really.

For me personally I think the Witcher 3 has really raised the bar for the depth of content you can have in an open world game and F4 hasn't really kept up.

Yeah I kind of agree. It's still a good game - I spent a lot of hours on it - but it wasn't quite as good as I wanted it to be and I was ultimately a bit disappointed in it. To be fair the lack of urgency in the main quest is something common to all the open worlds I've played: 'I must save the world! But first I'm going to explore the world, play a lot of cards and change my costume 30 times...' but I think it's more notable here as the main storyline is pretty shit really.

For me personally I think the Witcher 3 has really raised the bar for the depth of content you can have in an open world game and F4 hasn't really kept up.

Although there is only really one plot line in the Witcher with side quests, rather then lots of different factions.

I find I'm less likely to just wonder round that world as you don't level up so easily for just killing stuff.

Although there is only really one plot line in the Witcher with side quests, rather then lots of different factions.

Yeah that's true. There are quite a lot of choices that have an impact in the end but ultimately it's quite linear as far as the main plot goes. It's still better than F4 for me though. I think on F4 I'm not really interested enough to see how the different faction story lines play out which I did on New Vegas.

Yeah that's true. There are quite a lot of choices that have an impact in the end but ultimately it's quite linear as far as the main plot goes. It's still better than F4 for me though. I think on F4 I'm not really interested enough to see how the different faction story lines play out which I did on New Vegas.

I've not gone back to it, but that's partially because I've limited time and I'm now playing the Witcher. The cities in the Witcher are very pretty, but I think I got more kicks from generally exploring Boston.

The cut scenes are certainly better done in the Witcher, although I'm starting to think there may be a few to many of them...

Like 8den I think I'll go back to it when there is an expansion pack.

Back
Top Bottom