Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

It's only happening on some wikia wikis, so I presume it's an opt-in thing on the part of the mods (does it even have mods)? Or only applied to those with the greatest footfall. Bullshit arseholery is what it is.

It's only happening on some wikia wikis, so I presume it's an opt-in thing on the part of the mods (does it even have mods)? Or only applied to those with the greatest footfall. Bullshit arseholery is what it is.

Seems like a really stupid move if you ask me, people will just stop using them. It's one thing to have embedded ads (I understand the necessity of sites like that having to generate income to pay for their servers etc), but pop-up 'surveys' that delay people from getting to the info they want, usually stuff that they want to know quite quickly whilst they have alt-tabbed out of their game, is just going to piss people off to the extent that they find other places to get the info they want.

Well that's exactly it. It's one thing to ask that people don't use their ad-blocker while using your site so they can get some revenue to pay for server costs, but quite another to make the user experience utterly dreadful and annoying.

If you're on PC, and you think days/nights pass too fast or too slow, you can change the swiftness of the passage of time in the console.

set timescale to x

where xx is the number you want. I've seen different reports of what the default is, with it stated as either 16 or 20. I set it to 10, so I get more done in a day, and I can often go in somewhere at nightfall and it still be night when I come back out again. 1 is real time. Low numbers might cause problems with some scripted events. I often went down to 5 or even lower in Skyrim if I was setting up screenshots and didn't want the light to change, but changed it back to a higher number (again probably around 10) for normal gameplay.

sgtm is another time-based command that can slow down or speed up actions rather than the passage of time. 1 is default. Anything lower and everything moves in slo-mo, which can be very useful for capturing all the best bits of a fight, for example. Anything higher is Benny Hill.

If you're on PC, and you think days/nights pass too fast or too slow, you can change the swiftness of the passage of time in the console.

set timescale to x

where xx is the number you want. I've seen different reports of what the default is, with it stated as either 16 or 20. I set it to 10, so I get more done in a day, and I can often go in somewhere at nightfall and it still be night when I come back out again. 1 is real time. Low numbers might cause problems with some scripted events. I often went down to 5 or even lower in Skyrim if I was setting up screenshots and didn't want the light to change, but changed it back to a higher number (again probably around 10) for normal gameplay.

sgtm is another time-based command that can slow down or speed up actions rather than the passage of time. 1 is default. Anything lower and everything moves in slo-mo, which can be very useful for capturing all the best bits of a fight, for example. Anything higher is Benny Hill.

I think timescale of something like 7 was OK in Skyrim in terms of quests still working OK, anything lower could bork quests - I used a food/drink/sleep mod that I think set it to 8 or 10 (can't quite recall) because it was a good balance between everything working OK, and not having to stop every 10 minutes real time to take care of hunger or fatigue! I expect at some point to see (and use, I love that sort of thing!) similar 'survival' type mods for Fallout 4, where I will want a fairly slow timescale.

Why the hell is this game so full, I cant even do a simple quest without three things sidetracking me....

Same. Go to do one mission, get sidetracked by 3-4 different locations, clearing them and thinking "they'll surely be quest objectives later on", to try and justify my wasting time on killing a gang of no-marks.

5383-1-1449766247.jpg

<3

might have got a little bit of grit in my eye, turning the corner and finding Curie's 3 colleagues 'buried' in lockers, with her floral tributes and candles burning

Oh boy.

Militia hat, fashionable glasses, Day Tripper, Grape Mentats, and I just got the Overseer's Left and Right arm from Vault 81 for free.

Well, I had to sell stuff but it was all ammo and aid.

The above combo cut their price in half. In half!

oh I figured out how come I have silly amount of fusion cores. There is a wasteland survival mag that gives you double the meat from every kill (ie two pieces of deathclaw meat with every kill) for some reason it considers fusion cores from sentry bots "meat" and you get two every time.

for charisma I keep reginonals suit on me, it only weights 1 and gives you a 3 charisma boast that and black rimmed specs give me 10 charisma.

oh I figured out how come I have silly amount of fusion cores. There is a wasteland survival mag that gives you double the meat from every kill (ie two pieces of deathclaw meat with every kill) for some reason it considers fusion cores from sentry bots "meat" and you get two every time.

That's amazing. I found that mag a day or two ago, but haven't killed anything with a fusion core since then. I still have 45 though. I never use them.

It's "Reginald's Suit" and is what is given to male characters after rescuing Strong and that actor dude, female characters get "Agatha's Dress" which is exactly the same stats, but more sparkly and a dress. :D

Sparkly dresses clash horribly with a pip boy.

Sparkly dresses clash horribly with a pip boy.

I posted up pics of my first character who tried to rock that look. Role-playing it that she was in a state of major PTSD and horrendous psychological ill-effects to the point where she had completely lost any grip on reality having experiencing an atomic bomb being dropped and the events in the vault and waking up 210 years down the line all within the space of what seemed to her to be about 30 minutes. She was dressed for a social event, a lovely evening out, that was all in her head (she had after all been due to attend the Veterans gala had the bombs not dropped), pretending that none of the horror around her had happened or was still unfolding.

All to the extent that-

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER HERE, DO NOT LOOK UNLESS YOU HAVE PLAYED THROUGH THE MAIN QUEST AT LEAST ONCE AND KNOW THE SCORE

When she met "Father", she basically went "NOOOO This cannot be happening", lost the plot completely, shot him in the head, escaped from the institute (probably whilst humming "My Favourite Things" from the Sound of Music to herself), nuked them with the help of the minutemen, and escaped - ending the quest on top of one of the tallest buildings in Boston. From which she jumped to meet her death - didn't reload a save from that game, it seemed fitting to have it end that way, given how I had played that character.)

Last edited:
Right. I've fannied about in the easy bits long enough. That town where I got my arse kicked recently is going to take some serious flak today.

I met Piper. Fuck me she's annoying. What's with the press card in the hat? And what's going on with her teeth?

"I can smell my next big story!"

Oh get over yourself you ridiculous stereotype.

I went back to Sanctuary and it was under attack, that cunt Hancock (TCH) was lording it up in me power armour, now I can't find it. How do I find it? Its not showing on the map.

Back
Top Bottom