Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

I've had dogmeat ,strong , cosworth (sp) , piper for about 5 mins , Nick , the mayor of good neighbor ( can't remember his name ) and now cait as companions

Oh yeah, Codsworth, I always forget about him, poor thing. He's so eager to come along with me.

Oh, I met that dude you have to hire in Goodneighbour too. McCready? Don't like him.

I met Hancock, I don't have any option to take him along as a companion yet though. I guess I have to do a specific quest or something? I did the Silver Shroud stuff with Kent, but still no option. Shame, I hear he's fun.

Hancock , that's the fukker ( mayor of
GDn ) yeah it's through a quest , Kent came along quite readily iicr .

Love how it's different for all of us

I meant I did the Silver Shroud stuff with Kent and thought that might initiate my being able to take Hancock. Is Kent a follower too? I had no idea :D

To recruit Hancock you have to do a quest called "The Big Dig" which is picked up by talking to guards in Goodneighbor, who will give you the misc objective to talk to someone called Bobbi - that will give you the quest.

Fair warning though, most companions hate the quest, with the exception of Cait, with her it gives some opportunity to raise her opinion of you, so a good quest to take her on.

It's taken a while but I'm beginning to enjoy this now. Have tentatively started building a beacon to get a new settlement going, have earned the respect of the Abernathy farmers and Preston, have lost all of Preston's respect by shooting and eating a cat. You know. Run of the mill stuff like that.

Oh and I hate McCready - I hated him in Fallout 3 the obnoxious little prick, and I hate him in FO4 too...

It's taken a while but I'm beginning to enjoy this now. Have tentatively started building a beacon to get a new settlement going, have earned the respect of the Abernathy farmers and Preston, have lost all of Preston's respect by shooting and eating a cat. You know. Run of the mill stuff like that.

YOU ATE MAISIE???
*Grabs Pitchfork and torches*
:mad:

To recruit Hancock you have to do a quest called "The Big Dig" which is picked up by talking to guards in Goodneighbor, who will give you the misc objective to talk to someone called Bobbi - that will give you the quest.

Fair warning though, most companions hate the quest, with the exception of Cait, with her it gives some opportunity to raise her opinion of you, so a good quest to take her on.

quick warning, before you do this quest, there's two other quests (the silver shadow which VP mentioned and another one I can't remember but it's listed as a bug on the fallout wiki page for hancock) which involve hancock - if he's available as your companion when you do these, you have take him as a companion in order to get to the quest dialogue, which is really annoying (assuming you have another companion). So get those both done first.

Epona said:
YOU ATE MAISIE???
*Grabs Pitchfork and torches*
:mad:

Don't think this one had a name. A Trader bloke with a little shack was once her proud owner. In my defence I didn't set out to kill her. Was just innocently robbing the traders shack when he barged in and got all in my face about it :rolleyes: so I wasted him. And then, admittedly slightly unnecessarily, did a critical shot that blew his cat into a fucking lake. :cool:

Does Dogmeat have a personal quest? I suppose not

I have shitloads of weapons I don't need - break them down or flog them?

Also, i'm never really using the power armour - am I missing out?

Does Dogmeat have a personal quest? I suppose not

I have shitloads of weapons I don't need - break them down or flog them?

Also, i'm never really using the power armour - am I missing out?

do you needs the caps? If yes, flog them, if no, scrap them.

I love the power armour, when I come across a group of baddies, I just stand there like this, except I'm actually firing a gauss rifle in their faces.

6291774282_abd9ae0cce.jpg

I once accidentally went on a mission without my power armour, or any armour (was still in my +5 charisma outfit) and thought, ah fuck it, I'll be fine. I was wrong :D
I dunno how it compares to beefed up combat or metal armour though, I've not used anything else since I got enough fusion cores to not worry about it.
GS - you can buy them from quite a few vendors.

If you can sneak kill BOS Knights with Gatling lasers you can pretty much have unlimited cores with no consequences.

I haven't used my combat power armour at all. Got a bunch of cores for it and everything. Feels like cheating?

Last edited:
The fucking mods... there's a fully fledged greenhouse mod, there's an entire farming overhaul, settlement expansion... and this is all without script extender or GECK. Wow.

Is it safe to stash stuff in workshops? Does it ever get scavenged by other Wastelanders? Don't mind plonking all my junk in there but feel a bit dubious leaving fusion cores and half-decent weaponry behind.

Is it safe to stash stuff in workshops? Does it ever get scavenged by other Wastelanders? Don't mind plonking all my junk in there but feel a bit dubious leaving fusion cores and half-decent weaponry behind.
I've got stuff in various containers in sanctuary which doesn't get taken and loads of bottle caps and purified water which accumulates in the workshop so I think it's fine

Last edited:

Just don't leave fusion cores in power armour.

They have zero weight so take them with you.

I did the silver shroud quest last night. Mainly because I was sick of carrying that outfit around. Pandering to Kents delusion was annoying for some reason.

Now I think I'll do Nicks quest & the railway before tackling the glowing sea.

Going to be hard to find the freedom trail because that stupid behemoth killed the tour bot.

Back
Top Bottom