Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

Companions need a constant supply of ammo, with settlers if you just give them at least some of the ammo type (anything above 1 ammo) for the weapon you have told them to equip then they should be good to go indefinitely.

oh thats why i never bothered to arm them.

I picked the perk that gives you more chance to find ammo and I now have tonnes of the types I don't regularly use, so offload that on to the companions with the best kind of weapon I can find in my stash for them.

There is not a chance in this world I am giving any of the companions any shotgun ammo...

Why does it take me forever to level up? I sleep regularly to get the bonus. I'm not doing many quests though, mostly exploring. I guess that's why. God there are so many perks I want.

I found that only crafting/cooking in big batches with INT boosting gear on plus whatever it is (Mentats?) that adds an INT boost got me a load of experience. I hadn't realised, but I'd collected enough junk to make about 150 Jet and other drug types - maxed my INT, made all the stuff and basically went a whole level, like 29 to 30. Don't forget one of the squirrel recipes gives you a 2% XP boost for ages as well, so good to have that constantly active.

I've been playing through again on survival.

Just managed to kill the queen mirelurk last night :D I died a few times. Her acid is nasty :(

I changed to survival and pretty soon after came across a MIrelurk Queen. However, she was part of a three way scrap between super mutants, the Brotherhood of Steel and her. She wiped them all out apart from a legendary Knight, who was holding his own, but was still looking like he was going to be beat. I watched, looking forward to looting that sweet legendary power armour off his dead body. She killed him....and he had some crappy leather armour that reduced falling damage on. Disappointed is not the word.

I changed to survival and pretty soon after came across a MIrelurk Queen. However, she was part of a three way scrap between super mutants, the Brotherhood of Steel and her. She wiped them all out apart from a legendary Knight, who was holding his own, but was still looking like he was going to be beat. I watched, looking forward to looting that sweet legendary power armour off his dead body. She killed him....and he had some crappy leather armour that reduced falling damage on. Disappointed is not the word.

You know... with high enough sneak and pickpocketing - you could have crept up behind him and pickpocketed the fusion core - he'd have got out of the armour, leaving it there on its frame, and you could have just waited out the battle, killed off whoever was left standing, and walked off with the whole kit and caboodle. ;)

Epona That is very true! But as he was being killed in an acid cloud, I thought I would stand off and watch his demise. Most upset to not find legendary power armour on him though. My sneaking has taken on a new life though given that I have power armour that stealths when you crouch. The stealth field goes when you move and it eats up action points just to stealth, but is pretty cool all the same.

Anyone know if legendary power armour exists?

Fallout4 2015-12-10 00-19-35.jpg

Tell me I'm not going mad. (Excuse the hud placement, that's because I downsample.)

Likeness means words share the same letters in the same place, yes?

So SEWERS has a likeness of 1 with TEDIUM (well, a likeness of 1 with the password), and the only thing in common there is E. But PERIOD does not share a likeness with the password, and yet it still has that same E.

This has happened loads of fucking times. It's driving me nuts. I mean, I exit and start again, but GOD.

I'm not misunderstanding the whole point of hacking and in fact the objective is to pick any fucking word at random and it will bear no relation to any kind of system, am I?

:mad:

View attachment 80655

Tell me I'm not going mad. (Excuse the hud placement, that's because I downsample.)

Likeness means words share the same letters in the same place, yes?

So SEWERS has a likeness of 1 with TEDIUM (well, a likeness of 1 with the password), and the only thing in common there is E. But PERIOD does not share a likeness with the password, and yet it still has that same E.

This has happened loads of fucking times. It's driving me nuts. I mean, I exit and start again, but GOD.

I'm not misunderstanding the whole point of hacking and in fact the objective is to pick any fucking word at random and it will bear no relation to any kind of system, am I?

:mad:

Hacking has changed it was much easier in new Vegas or fallout 3.

Hacking has changed it was much easier in new Vegas or fallout 3.

But what's the theory behind it?

Because this makes no sense.

Because even if we say the placement of the letters isn't what's important, but just the presence, then SEWERS and TEDIUM sharing a letter, regardless of placement, means it has to be E, but PERIOD does not, and yet look, it has a fucking E.

But what's the theory behind it?

Because this makes no sense.

Because even if we say the placement of the letters isn't what's important, but just the presence, then SEWERS and TEDIUM sharing a letter, regardless of placement, means it has to be E, but PERIOD does not, and yet look, it has a fucking E.

I don't know. You are completely right though in previous games for example if you picked say "investment" and got four right, and your next guess was tenement and again got four right it's likely the word had "ment" in it. There's no rhyme to it. It's why I keep nick around to hack terminals. Plus he's a welcome relief after Cait.

What? Hacking is easier in this game than in any previous (on the basis that there are more duds to clear using (), [],{},<>) - I rarely have to worry about whether any letters actually match, because I can remove enough duds so that there are only 1 or 2 words left.

I've only ever had enough bracket things in a single hack for maybe 2 duds and a reset - never enough to get rid of everything, or nearly everything. Maybe it depends on perks or intelligence? I have 6 intel, and the first rank of hacker. Nevertheless, it's clearly bugged, and regardless of how you play it I quite like looking for the solution and half the time I can't because they've fucked it up somehow.

Placement of letters matters, if it says likeness=1 it has to have one letter the same in the same place.

Epona That is very true! But as he was being killed in an acid cloud, I thought I would stand off and watch his demise. Most upset to not find legendary power armour on him though. My sneaking has taken on a new life though given that I have power armour that stealths when you crouch. The stealth field goes when you move and it eats up action points just to stealth, but is pretty cool all the same.

Anyone know if legendary power armour exists?
I've had 4 legendary power armour pieces, all as parts of quests, not had one from killing a random legendary npc, two were rewards, one came from killing a named npc (think as part of a quest not a random encounter), the other I can't remember.

Huh waht?

When you have a closed pair of brackets on a line, you can click them and it'll either remove a dud or reset your tries. The brackets don't need to be next to each other but they do need to be same type eg: {g.kdokfd} will work, put the cursor on the left bracket, it'll highlight the sequence like it does with a word. }kdfj{ will not work, nor will [,mfw?>. If you have something like (jfi(a/.f,) then you have two that you can click, but it doesn't work the other way, (.jf)as) will only click once, as it's the left bracket that is "active"

I've only ever had enough bracket things in a single hack for maybe 2 duds and a reset - never enough to get rid of everything, or nearly everything. Maybe it depends on perks or intelligence? I have 6 intel, and the first rank of hacker. Nevertheless, it's clearly bugged, and regardless of how you play it I quite like looking for the solution and half the time I can't because they've fucked it up somehow.

I put INT at 10 right off the bat for the XP increase (and assuming that it was 1 of the attributes that would benefit from ending up at 11 once I had found the bobblehead) and have 3 points in hacking. With that, I often have spare bracket pairs left over after removing every single dud, it's well worth putting those points in hacking.

I actually can't stand the hacking mini-game as I find it quite boring, but I do like to read every terminal entry in the game, so for me it is worth the expenditure of points :D

I put INT at 10 right off the bat for the XP increase (and assuming that it was 1 of the attributes that would benefit from ending up at 11 once I had found the bobblehead) and have 3 points in hacking. With that, I often have spare bracket pairs left over after removing every single dud, it's well worth putting those points in hacking.

I actually can't stand the hacking mini-game as I find it quite boring, but I do like to read every terminal entry in the game, so for me it is worth the expenditure of points :D
I love the hacking mini game. Are you just picking words at random or are you using your brain to work it out?

If just random then yeah it gets frustrating.

I love the hacking mini game. Are you just picking words at random or are you using your brain to work it out?

If just random then yeah it gets frustrating.

Huh, I do not do puzzles by picking things at random. It's just a boring puzzle, easy but takes too long. I tend to hate forced minigames in RPGs, if I want to play tedious word games I can find plenty of free shit to play on my browser.

I'm way behind all of you due to being home so little. Still had a few hours earlier and found Cait. The look Dogmeat gives is so sad. :(

Back
Top Bottom