Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

There's a perk (I don't have it yet) which means you get useful components when you scrap weapons & armour (screws, circuitry etc)

It's a very good perk worth its weight in aluminium.

I'm pretty obsessed with aluminium and adhesives. I'm in a post apocalyptic recycling and glue making simulator.

I really wouldn't mind but it's no where near my favourite part of the game it's just I'm really fucking OCD about it. It's like in Skyrim where I HAD to get my smithing up 100 to make dragon bone armour so I could use all these fucking dragon bones I had carried around. And I didn't even LIKE Skyrim, that was the worst part...

There's a perk (I don't have it yet) which means you get useful components when you scrap weapons & armour (screws, circuitry etc)
So many perks, so little xp

I have the shadowy figure VATS one - not loads of use but quite good fun

My adhesive problems are a thing of the past. I have 150+ adhesive now, thanks to forcing all my settlers to do unpaid labour in my fields around the Commonwealth. I also grow carrots, something I like to make requires carrots. Can't remember what. And Razorgrain. Don't make much of that, but I need it for something, I think. Fuck melons and gourds. I need more tatos though. Running low on tatos.

I found myself wishing there was an online store where we could trade materials... what the fuck is wrong with me. I HATE online components to games. :mad:

Oh yes, my two favourite guns now are my .45 rifle for distant encounters/openers, and my 91 damage combat shotgun for when they get closer. Why did no one tell me about the .45 in Vault 81 that has a second free projectile, doubling its damage? That is now my .45, the old one has been scrapped for parts. Will upgrade it to .308 when I get the perk, which I believe will take it to 94 damage. I'll keep my silenced 10mm that does 50% extra limb damage around as well, for the odd silent takedown in a nest of raiders, but really its damage is sub par at this point.

Why did no one tell me about the .45 in Vault 81 that has a second free projectile, doubling its damage?

I did. Fallout 4

I mentioned its the most OP gun in the game. Mine does 188 (x2) damage with a 40 magazine so reloading is never an issue. Its pretty much the only weapon i used once i got it.

I resisted converting it to .308 because i find .45 ammo is more plentiful.

Does it do 188 though? Because I had an identical gun but without the legendary effect and it was something like 40+ damage, and this one with the same mods is 80+ damage. By the looks of it it's taking the second projectile into consideration when reporting the damage output in the description/stat list thing. So it's 40+ x 2. When I've upgraded to .308 it'll be 94, but does that mean 188 or just 2 x 47? Because the base gun is just your common combat rifle, with the legendary effect on top.

Does it do 188 though? Because I had an identical gun but without the legendary effect and it was something like 40+ damage, and this one with the same mods is 80+ damage. By the looks of it it's taking the second projectile into consideration when reporting the damage output in the description/stat list thing. So it's 40+ x 2. When I've upgraded to .308 it'll be 94, but does that mean 188 or just 2 x 47? Because the base gun is just your common combat rifle, with the legendary effect on top.

I dunno. I just stated what the damage indicator says once you've fully modded it and with full rifleman perks. I was assuming it then doubled but you might be right and the damage shown is the already doubled damage.

Whatever the case 1 one shot people in the head a lot.

I used to sell my guns but I have enough caps now so I scrap them for the parts so I can keep upgrading my power armour :D

My adhesive problems are a thing of the past. I have 150+ adhesive now, thanks to forcing all my settlers to do unpaid labour in my fields around the Commonwealth. I also grow carrots, something I like to make requires carrots. Can't remember what. And Razorgrain. Don't make much of that, but I need it for something, I think. Fuck melons and gourds. I need more tatos though. Running low on tatos.

I found myself wishing there was an online store where we could trade materials... what the fuck is wrong with me. I HATE online components to games. :mad:

Orange mentats need carrots. I need to spend some time balancing out my gardens cos I have loads of mutfruit and corn and fuck all tato to make vegetable starch with

Sleeping bags. Don't waste steel. I learnt that the hard way. Oh and Those airplane style seats? Aluminium for fucks sake.

Yep, one of my gripes with the settlement stuff is that the first chairs use aluminium ffs, put them at the end and put the wood/cloth ones at the start so I don't have to wait whilst it loads the graphics for loads of chairs I'm never going to build.

in other Fallout 4 news, I will never grow tired of doing this :D

pT0wq9G.jpg

Sleeping bags. Don't waste steel. I learnt that the hard way. Oh and Those airplane style seats? Aluminium for fucks sake.

The stupidity is, that wooden beds with non-piss-stained mattresses would be easier to build than steel framed ones, and the mats to make them would be plentiful. Everyone could have nice beds!

The stupidity is, that wooden beds with non-piss-stained mattresses would be easier to build than steel framed ones, and the mats to make them would be plentiful. Everyone could have nice beds!

Also I just build that matters from reclaimed cloth from a dozen raiders long Johns, who had time to wee them?

Oh.
Maybe before you scrap a washing machine you should power it up before the recruitment Becon?

Last edited:
Also I just build that matters from reclaimed cloth from a dozen raiders long Johns, who had time to wee them?

Oh.
Maybe before you scrap a washing machine you should power it up before the recruitment Becon?

Abraxo would probably get the stains out. :D

What's the antiseptic for? There are fires/stoves with cooking pots, you don't need a sterilising agent if you have access to adequately heated water. Getting stains out of cloth with relatively simple ingredients and knowledge of whether to use hot/warm/cold water for a particular stain is not rocket science.

If I can bend steel at a workbench in order to make a bed frame from whatever random junk I happen to have collected, I can certainly use a cooking pot to clean fabric for a mattress cover. (Well maybe not the same actual pot I cook food in, but you get the idea).

What's the antiseptic for? There are fires/stoves with cooking pots, you don't need a sterilising agent if you have access to adequately heated water. Getting stains out of cloth with relatively simple ingredients and knowledge of whether to use hot/warm/cold water for a particular stain is not rocket science.

If I can bend steel at a workbench in order to make a bed frame from whatever junk I happen to have collected, I can certainly use a cooking pot to clean fabric for a mattress cover.

yeah, that's true, for some reason I'd thought about finding a dirty mattress and cleaning it which you wouldn't be doing.

I reckon nuka cola quantum could remove stains.
There'd be a large hole left where the stain once was.

The weather was shit, so this is a horrible photo

7E1E9861A9F669676FE7C64EE7F2950E4F0B372C

The ruined garage of the starter house in Jamaica Plains is now my place. Workshops downstairs and I plan a lavish bedroom/living room in the new first floor.

Bunks for my peons in the old house, and two windmills on the roof.

PS: Is it at all possible to make your companion wear the armour and use the guns you give them?

If I can bend steel at a workbench in order to make a bed frame from whatever random junk I happen to have collected, I can certainly use a cooking pot to clean fabric for a mattress cover. (Well maybe not the same actual pot I cook food in, but you get the idea).

Shut UP! Stop talking, or the next DLC we get is going to have a linen washing mini game.

I have no idea where Jamaica Plains is.

Yes, move what you want your companion to use to their inventory, then click equip (or in my case press the Y button on the controller). You can also get settlers to use better weapons and armour this way. I just gave Sturges a natty new rifle.

Yes, move what you want your companion to use to their inventory, then click equip (or in my case press the Y button on the controller). You can also get settlers to use better weapons and armour this way. I just gave Sturges a natty new rifle.

dont you need to give them ammo?

SE of the map ish. *Infested* with ghouls. Some nice fiction in the margins, and hints at something more... (Although I'm ignoring that for the mo, in favour of housebuilding :D )

Back
Top Bottom