Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

Massive turnout for the launch of the Beyond Politics Party today

116002205_2698428473704104_2408586323147787492_o.jpg

Spot the coppers.
I was going to say (L-R):

Undercover Met, undercover Daily Mail, undercover private intelligence working for energy company, freelance journalist hoping to get a piece in Vice, Fraggle Dave, blacklisting database researcher, Green Party candidate, Third Positionist, Malthus enthusiast, undercover XR, confused tourist, YouTube influencer...

I was going to say (L-R):

Undercover Met, undercover Daily Mail, undercover private intelligence working for energy company, freelance journalist hoping to get a piece in Vice, Fraggle Dave, blacklisting database researcher, Green Party candidate, Third Positionist, Malthus enthusiast, undercover XR, confused tourist, YouTube influencer...
They are definitely diverse in terms of facial expressions:
1595778654741.png

I am guessing Richard H is that dodgy looking hippie at the front in the checked shirt doing something strange with his left hand?

In non-Hallam news, there are planned actions at the end of the month, blockading Parliament at least but also others as yet undetermined.

A mate of mine that is v involved keeps asking me along to their things. Keep having other stuff to do. They seem to be going through some stuff at the moment and coming through a bit of a demoralised bit.

In non-Hallam news, there are planned actions at the end of the month, blockading Parliament at least but also others as yet undetermined.

Yeah, 1st September for socially distanced blocking stuff :hmm:

Vandana Shiva in the video. Hasn't she been coming out with some Coronavirus conspiracy stuff recently?

Has she? Why not say so if she has, and what you think that says about the overall movement if so?

I can't remember, hence it was a question.

And I don't think it says anything particularly significant about XR either way tbh. Except possibly a tendency to align themselves with personalities with shit politics if true.

I can't remember, hence it was a question.

And I don't think it says anything particularly significant about XR either way tbh. Except possibly a tendency to align themselves with personalities with shit politics if true.
This sort of snidey bullshit does get on my nerves tbh. You're clearly trying to insinuate something - "some people say..." I don't even know who this person is tbh.

Indian Environmentalist - id say best known for standing up for indian farmers and seeds rights, particularly in the context of monsanto's murderous reign in india. Written loads of books - was much respected i think - though someone else bad mouthed her on here recently. Im not aware of as to why

Always had a fair amount of respect for her without knowing that much beyond the anti Monsanto stuff, but I stopped myself falling down the organic rabbit hole to much.

Reactions: LDC
This sort of snidey bullshit does get on my nerves tbh. You're clearly trying to insinuate something - "some people say..." I don't even know who this person is tbh.

Not 'clearly trying' to insinuate anything at all, I asked a question, as plenty do on here. Get off your defensive high horse, especially as you said you know nothing about her.

Always had a fair amount of respect for her without knowing that much beyond the anti Monsanto stuff, but I stopped myself falling down the organic rabbit hole to much.
well theres Duchy Organics and then theres indian farmers not being able to farm in their traditional organic methods and committing suicide by drinking Roundup

ETA: RIP those farmers

I had a quick Google and couldn't see anything immediately other than a blog post suggesting it. No evidence that I could see though.

She's an impressive speaker though.

Not 'clearly trying' to insinuate anything at all, I asked a question, as plenty do on here. Get off your defensive high horse, especially as you said you know nothing about her.
"just asking a question" oh do me a fucking favour. If you wanted to know whether she'd been coming out with stuff you could just google. Say what your problem is with her.

• Haha
"just asking a question" oh do me a fucking favour. If you wanted to know whether she'd been coming out with stuff you could just google. Say what your problem is with her.

Oh do fuck off and calm down if you're having a bad night. I've read plenty of her stuff over the years and have seen her speak, she's a 'name' to do with GM and farmers stuff, especially around Monsanto. Her name popped up on the XR video and I recall someone on here (I think) saying she'd come out with some dodgy coronavirus stuff recently, so I asked about it. Nothing more than that, no matter what you might want to think.

Last edited:
Oh do fuck off and calm down if you're having a bad night. I've read plenty of her stuff over the years and have seen her speak, she's a 'name' to do with GM and farmers stuff, especially around Monsanto. Her name popped up on the XR video and I recall someone on here (I think) saying she'd come out with some dodgy coronavirus stuff recently, so I asked about it. Nothing more than that, no matter what you might want to think.
I see FM's annoyance though. There's a paranoid style on the left in which everyone is likely to betray you or let you down or sell out or flake out, and a resulting hypervigilance that leads to people being smeared through mere implication, or through questions about their soundness based on very little. Thus people dismiss potential allies without really knowing much about them. I'm not saying your question was worse than what lots of other people do, but I think it's something people on the left should be more careful about.

Back
Top Bottom