Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

:facepalm:

How many more fake end of the world predictions from these nutters?
if you knew anything of the arctic methane situation you'd not laugh it off like that. an unknown amount of methane is leaking from the thawing permafrost, and late last year scientists found hitherto unknown volumes of methane bubbling up through the siberian seas. in words you can understand, should a massive fart of methane occur then there's a very good chance your life expectancy could be measured in months and not years.

I get the impression a lot of climatologists are getting pissed off with this insistence from some in XR and on the fringes of it that we're all doomed in ten years for the reasons Mann states. If that's true then what's the point in trying? I think it's a dangerous narrative to send out to the young because the logical approach to imminent apocalypse is drink, suicide or getting weapons training, not sitting in the road and waiting to get arrested.

What’s an XR activist doing on there then?

Have they been seduced/infiltrated by the dark side?

:hmm:

Most people don't know Murdoch owns the Wireless Group (TalkRadio, TalkSport, Virgin Radio, and launching this year Times Radio), although most people seem to avoid it, according to the latest RAJAR figures it only have a reach of 409k listeners, that's a 1% audience share, piss poor for a national station.

I guess if you can’t recognise the crash then you’re part of the crash ;)

Well, I think the XR bod went a bit overboard with the “be nice to the twat” policy, and also clearly hasn’t read any Chomsky, but those are pretty forgiveable, and maybe the tone changed later.

Well, I think the XR bod went a bit overboard with the “be nice to the twat” policy, and also clearly hasn’t read any Chomsky, but those are pretty forgiveable, and maybe the tone changed later.

Well, I guess you’ve got to give her (AR of XR) credit for engaging at least, even if she was trying to ham fist her script as answers to the questions asked.

I get the impression a lot of climatologists are getting pissed off with this insistence from some in XR and on the fringes of it that we're all doomed in ten years for the reasons Mann states. If that's true then what's the point in trying? I think it's a dangerous narrative to send out to the young because the logical approach to imminent apocalypse is drink, suicide or getting weapons training, not sitting in the road and waiting to get arrested.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Back
Top Bottom