Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Essential Trump/Alt-Right Ridicule Thread

As if one couldn't be both black and Italian.
Except that there's this strange elision between "black" and "African American". I used to think that the latter was quite a benign, if slightly euphemised, way of saying "black"...but, particularly in the hands of these hate merchants, I realise that it's just yet another way of marginalising - "de-Americanising" - people of colour.

As if one couldn't be both black and Italian.

indeed.
i went to wiki and she's got alot of ancestry but that name and "italian" don't seem to be among them.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles was born in Houston, Texas, to Tina Knowles (née Beyoncé), a hairdresser and salon owner, and Mathew Knowles, a Xerox sales manager.[17] Beyoncé's name is a tribute to her mother's maiden name.[18] Beyoncé's younger sister Solange is also a singer and a former backup dancer for Destiny's Child. Solange and Beyoncé are the first sisters to have both had No. 1 albums.[19] Mathew is African American, and Tina is of Louisiana Creole descent (French, Native American, and African),[18][20][21] Jewish American, Spanish, Chinese and Indonesian ancestry.[22][23][24] Through her mother, Beyoncé is a descendant of Acadian leader Joseph Broussard,[20] as well as Jean-Vincent d'Abbadie de Saint-Castin.[25] In 2018, Beyoncé researched her ancestry and found out that she is descended from a slave owner.[26]

why am i unsurprized that a trumper maufactured ethnicized bullshit recouping something for "whites".

a side question, why is wiki so interested in this stuff? so may articles about persons go into depth about ethnic ancestry.

Last edited:
Except that there's this strange elision between "black" and "African American". I used to think that the latter was quite a benign, if slightly euphemised, way of saying "black"...but, particularly in the hands of these hate merchants, I realise that it's just yet another way of marginalising - "de-Americanising" - people of colour.

Maybe the hate merchants use it that way, I can't speak to that myself, but I thought that "African-American" was used to distinguish those who had been there for a at least a couple of generations, from the more recent immigrants from sub-Saharan African countries.

Although I doubt that's a distinction with much difference when it comes to how either group is treated by the police and other authorities.

a side question, why is wiki so interested in this stuff? so may articles about persons go into depth about ethnic ancestry.

I'm not sure why you'd be puzzled, I'd have thought that a comprehensive encyclopedia article wouldn't be well, comprehensive were it lacking such information.

Not sure it is wiki, its more likely the (now almost uniquely) usual US phenomenon of being interested in someones' ethnic descent. You can see the same sort of thing on nearly any American celebrities' wiki entry.

They're not exactly alt-right but certainly deserving of ridicule: the Ayn Rand Institute has just been bailed out by the American taxpayer!

I imagine the irony would be lost on Trump and his supporters.
dunce.gif

Diddums.....

President Trump is down in the dumps about the how the run-up to his election campaign is being spoiled by a string of crises, and his advisers are reportedly growing tired of his bad attitude.

The Washington Post
reports that advisers have started to brace themselves for a “woe is me” monologue whenever they drop a line to the president.

White House figures including Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, have reportedly urged him to try out a “sunnier” demeanor or risk alienating his supporters. Other White House figures, including Hope Hicks, have reportedly tried to cheer him up by filling his diary with events he might enjoy.

One unnamed outside adviser said Trump seemed almost “inconsolable” in a recent chat and complained about how “some stupid cop in Minneapolis kneels on someone’s neck and now everyone is protesting.” Another outside adviser said aides are urging Trump to “snap out of it” but that he seems “fixated.”

Double diddums....

"I was very nice to Mayor de Blasio. I got him ventilators when he needed them . . . I got him the gowns. I got him the masks. I got him everything. Then he throws a big Black Lives Matter sign right down in the middle of Fifth Avenue. I was so good to him and to Gov. Cuomo, like nobody's ever been good. And then all you end up doing out of that place is getting prosecuted."

He went on to call New York City a hellhole.
At the same time, the president appears to believe that a "Black Lives Matter" sign is some kind of prosecution of him. It was something Harris keyed in on, saying that BLM has nothing to do with Trump.

President Donald Trump has railed against "mail-in voting" while defending "absentee voting," baffling experts who say those voting systems are essentially the same thing.

Trump made the claims in a series of tweets Friday morning, which included some of his previously debunked claims about voter fraud. There is no widespread fraud in US elections.

"Mail-In Ballot fraud found in many elections. People are just now seeing how bad, dishonest and slow it is. Election results could be delayed for months. No more big election night answers? 1% not even counted in 2016. Ridiculous! Just a formula for RIGGING an Election," Trump tweeted. "Absentee Ballots are fine because you have to go through a precise process to get your voting privilege. Not so with Mail-Ins. Rigged Election!!! 20% fraudulent ballots?"

Wow strong facial similarity.
I've long wondered if Trump has been modelling his posturing on that of the similarly weak and (metaphorically) chinless Italian dictator. Thankfully, Trump has so far not indulged himself, as il Duce did, in quasi-military sartorial vaingloriousness...

Back
Top Bottom