Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Well I imagine a car can do lots of things more efficiently than a pedestrian or cyclist. It's generally more efficient with time over longer distances for example.

Box and Assendon, Henley on Thames to Otford, Sevenoaks via Holland Park, Kensington.

Train now = 5hr 57 minutes
Car now = 2hr 29 minutes

Box and Assendon, Henley on Thames to Otford, Sevenoaks via Holland Park, Kensington.

Train now = 5hr 57 minutes
Car now = 2hr 29 minutes
I have no idea what any of this means.

Everyone travelling in single occupancy cars through West London bridges are going on a scenic route from Kent to the Henley regatta?

I have no idea what any of this means.

Everyone travelling in single occupancy cars through West London bridges are going on a scenic route from Kent to the Henley regatta?

There are lots of conceivable time-efficient car journeys that could route through West London. You're assuming 100% of the single-occupancy car ones are people driving from Fulham to Putney or whatever.

There are lots of conceivable time-efficient car journeys that could route through West London. You're assuming 100% of the single-occupancy car ones are people driving from Fulham to Putney or whatever.
No I’m not - though you do seem to be saying we shouldn’t make any changes to our roads, no matter the benefits, in case it might inconvenience someone slightly. A real Tory attitude.

Think the visual shows we definitely shouldn’t be spending the fortune it will take to reopen Hammersmith Bridge to vehicles.

Mine goes from 0 to 155mph far more efficiently than any ped or cyclist could manage.
That's cheating. Your car needs petrol to do that. If aids are allowed, I can very efficiently get up to 155mph. Once.

15inch_Naval_Guns_2_%286264718602%29.jpg

No I’m not - though you do seem to be saying we shouldn’t make any changes to our roads, no matter the benefits, in case it might inconvenience someone slightly. A real Tory attitude.

Think the visual shows we definitely shouldn’t be spending the fortune it will take to reopen Hammersmith Bridge to vehicles.

I’ve no idea about repairs to Hammersmith Bridge. I do know for sure that you don’t really have any concept of vehicle use, efficiency, or transport policy in general.

The fact that every car going over a bridge doesn’t have a person sitting in it other than driver is an utterly meaningless piece of trivia in the absence of detailed traffic survey data.

Maybe one day you’ll actually articulate some kind of point on here yourself, rather than reposting random tweets and images.

Today could be that day!

It’s hardly difficult to understand that prioritising individuals travelling round in huge & heavy metal boxes through our cities may not be for the best. Even Spymaster knows that hence to lame attempt at a joke.

Not sure what point you’re ever trying to make except everything’s fine & we that shouldn’t change anything - which is obviously bollocks.

It’s hardly difficult to understand that prioritising individuals travelling round in huge & heavy metal boxes through our cities may not be for the best.

I’m not sure that scrapping buses and trains will improve the quality of life of most city-dwellers.

I’m not sure that scrapping buses and trains will improve the quality of life of most city-dwellers.
Yes - I don’t think we should encourage empty buses and trains just to travel around everywhere but luckily that doesn’t really happen.

I’m hoping it’s high as fuck but think we’re all pretty sure it’s incredibly thick.

I think maomao is actually Peter Hitchens:

I've said before, on these boards, that I have a soft spot for Hitchens but that's the best column of his I've ever seen. Little to disagree with in the other three topics covered this week either. And no that doesn't mean I agree with whatever other views of his you find objectionable.

It's not that long ago we were celebrating the fact that the reach of this thread's influence was clearly extending to Guardian and BBC journalists.

It's quite remarkable that even the Daily Mail are onboard too now.

We should all be quite proud of ourselves; even those whose assistance in promoting the thread and its message has been inadvertent.

Extremely dodgy Tower Hamlets mayor wants to rip this out. Absolutely crazy! You going to defend this platinumsage ?

Looks like lots of paving with a few scraggly weeds, the trees and grass in the background are not part of the scheme.

I don’t know all the details, if this reduces problems elsewhere it could be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom