Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Of course people can imagine a world in which they don’t need a car - one where they live in a flat in London and all their friends and family do likewise, or else live near a station.

There doesn’t need to be a “pro-car defence” because there’s zero chance that they’ll ever be banned.

I’ve been trying to coax some sort of implementable banning plan out of the abolitionists but they’ve got nothing.

There doesn’t need to be a “pro-car defence” because there’s zero chance that they’ll ever be banned.

I’ve been trying to coax some sort of implementable banning plan out of the abolitionists but they’ve got nothing.
We’ve agreed on cities so far.

When is a car necessary? Or is it actually just a choice?

We all know that it's not an outright ban everywhere that you're scared of in the foreseeable future. Yet all you can muster an argument against is the notion of an outright ban. Meanwhile T & P's killer argument is the same as it always has been: people who argue against car dependency might sometimes have to use a car themselves.

It's quite a pantomime act really. Keep it up.

No, we haven't

How is this relevant? Lots of things are choices and not necessary - internet use, living in a building, using gas and electricity, attending hospitals and schools.
Yes - and we ban or at least severally restrict choices that affect others. Welcome to the war on cars!

We all know that it's not an outright ban everywhere that you're scared of in the foreseeable future. Yet all you can muster an argument against is the notion of an outright ban. Meanwhile T & P's killer argument is the same as it always has been: people who argue against car dependency might sometimes have to use a car themselves.

It's quite a pantomime act really. Keep it up.

I've mustered an argument against all sorts of delusionary nonsense on this thread, because it's entertaining poking people who are trying to advocate for something that they can't actually present a case for.

You might want to ban or at least severely restrict all "choices that affect others" but thankfully no one else does.
We should certain do the ones that seriously affect others as cars do! Just because you’ve built your live around having a car it doesn’t mean we should humour you.

We should certain do the ones that seriously affect others as cars do! Just because you’ve built your live around having a car it doesn’t mean we should humour you.

The internet accounts for nearly 4% of global CO2 emissions, therefore "seriously affects others" and should be banned. Cherio then.

The days where the pro-car defence is mounted by T & P and platinumsage are the best ones. You can just put your feet up and leave them to it.
To be fair after thousands of posts in here we’re yet to see a single one that remotely qualifies as a valid and thought-out argument against cars, so I guess we’re quits.

Back
Top Bottom