Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Endorse it 2010

So gonna miss it this year.
But road trip southbound California beckons, and cash sadly limited - so - fare thee well festival goers, have a blinder!! Cheers from my sofa where I am about to skin up and crack a cold one.

Have a wonderful time in California, enjoy the sofa meanwhile! :cool:

Loved it all, great to meet up with so many Urbanz too :) :cool:

Highlights on stage for me were Cash Converted, Macca B (who I'd never seen before, great), the Tragics, the Inner Terrestrials, Pronghorn, Boothill All Stars and Fat Drunk and Stupid.

Ace time all round, we're so back next year, but next time without the five and a half hour journey (we'll stay over somewhere nearer by on the Thursday night).

Also, camping up with the Urban campervan contingent in the vehicle field would be fun and sociable, seems like there's plenty of room for extra tents ...

They discourage camping in the van field don't they? Safety reasons - don't want moving vehicles and squishy tents in the same area

They discourage camping in the van field don't they? Safety reasons - don't want moving vehicles and squishy tents in the same area

Yes, I suppose that must be the official policy and I can understand why as well, but some 'friends of vehicle dwellers' ;) seem to manage it so we'll decide nearer the time next year :)

So long as you're centred around vehicles, I think you're OK as loads of vans have tents attached/surrounding them. I'd imagine they might get unimpressed with vast fields of tents with barely a vehicle in sight though.

That was a lot of fun. :cool: Very nice little festival, compact but lively!

Only 3 more days before I get to do it all again at Boomtown. :D

I'm still pondering the mechanics of the Seven Line Disaster.

Deffo Dodgepot's fault....he's claiming he wasn't properly briefed, hadn't sufficient training in his new role etc etc.

I had loads of fun...despite wanting to be sick with nerves for about a hour before we played. We were eventually on about 2 hours later than planned and had to sit through the World's Worst Burlesque show ever (TM) on the plus side we missed Dreadzone :cool:

Had loads of fun dj'ing too...me and my other dj'ing hald reckon that was the most people we ever had dancing to us, that we didn't know. At least two people told us it was the best music they had heard all weekend AND seeing a middle-aged man RUN into the tent when we played Overload by Sugababes was *quite* the sight :D

Hope we can do it again next year!

We were eventually on about 2 hours later than planned and had to sit through the World's Worst Burlesque show ever (TM)
They were dire. An endless succession of:
1. Be introduced by booming, squawking lady
2. Trot around the stage pointlessly for what seems like an eternity
3. Get your baps out
4. Repeat ad infinitum

What a bloody marvellous weekend that was and thanks to all for making Rory feel so welcome. He absolutely loved it. :D

What a bloody marvellous weekend that was and thanks to all for making Rory feel so welcome. He absolutely loved it. :D

I'm amazed he put up with us all! Is he still carrying the bag round with him :D

Was a top weekend. I barely saw any bands but Dubmatix and The Green Rock River band were aces :) Had a ball DJing again (cheers Dub) and almost weed myself with the forceable frocking up on ladies day. Top fun!

I'm very glad I booked today off work to recover though :oops:

Had loads of fun dj'ing too...me and my other dj'ing hald reckon that was the most people we ever had dancing to us, that we didn't know. At least two people told us it was the best music they had heard all weekend AND seeing a middle-aged man RUN into the tent when we played Overload by Sugababes was *quite* the sight :D

I thoroughly enjoyed your set. Dancing to toxic on sunday night was a welcome relief from all the noisy punk rock. :D

Thanks to Sunray for rescuing us from early night on Sunday :O) and pootle for new balloon technic and general loveliness

Top weekend, despite being poorly for lots of it. Sunday was the best day, the many many frocks, decent bands, lovely people and fiddling ladies :)

Like others have said, Dreadzone weren't really a surprise or special - only other rubbish thing was the loos not being cleaned enough.

That was a lot of fun. Very nice little festival, compact but lively!
Your band was ace boing! :)

I'm amazed he put up with us all! Is he still carrying the bag round with him :D
Hehehe... he was a good sport with that. Tell him I'll make cake again if he comes next year.

I'm still pondering the mechanics of the Seven Line Disaster.
What was all that about then? :hmm:

A few other things I could have done more of, like wander round the twee pixie bit, the camping bit, the dancey bit. Quite odd how very different people's weekend must have been from one another. I went in the wig on once on the last day, when pootle was on, and recognised a few urbanites I had no idea were even at the festival. :D

Back
Top Bottom