Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Endorse it 2010

Me to - I did a massive facepalm on the way home when i realised I'd been pieless. :facepalm:

Those pies are fantastic, we had them twice. And the mushroom bolognese from the cafe at the bottom of the field was yummy too.

I went to get some mash from pieminster on the last day and they'd ran out :(
I'm not surprised - the mash was totally awesome, easily the best ever. I can't imagine it'll ever be that good again. A once in a lifetime experience, no doubt about it. Practically orgasmic, only more potatoey.

:cool:

Photos are up.

endorse-it-festival-2010-003.jpg

endorse-it-festival-2010-041.jpg

endorse-it-festival-2010-020.jpg

endorse-it-festival-2010-073.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/festivals/endorse-it-in-dorset-festival-2010.html

Ok just starting to recover from the weekend's excesses. First time I'd been and I really enjoyed myself, it's a decent little festival with a very chaotic (in a good way) edge to it.

The stages being under cover is a mixed blessing, while they are great for shelter from rain / sun and the sound was generally excellent it does mean you have to commit to watching something rather then just sitting near and vaguely listening.

Only real complaint I have is about security, they were being very officious to the point of active aggresion in the campsites on the Saturday night. They were patrolling the camp site to see if anyone was doing anything they disagreed with and then got quite heavy with them.

Anyone doing noz was being told it's illegal (not true) and having all their eqiupment confiscated / stolen. I also overheard them really hassiling some kids over a bit of weed. I'm not sure what their remit was but they clearly thought that they were there as the police.

Still that aside I had great fun and met a lot of intersting people, certainly consider it again next year.

Ok just starting to recover from the weekend's excesses. First time I'd been and I really enjoyed myself, it's a decent little festival with a very chaotic (in a good way) edge to it.

The stages being under cover is a mixed blessing, while they are great for shelter from rain / sun and the sound was generally excellent it does mean you have to commit to watching something rather then just sitting near and vaguely listening.

Only real complaint I have is about security, they were being very officious to the point of active aggresion in the campsites on the Saturday night. They were patrolling the camp site to see if anyone was doing anything they disagreed with and then got quite heavy with them.

Anyone doing noz was being told it's illegal (not true) and having all their eqiupment confiscated / stolen. I also overheard them really hassiling some kids over a bit of weed. I'm not sure what their remit was but they clearly thought that they were there as the police.

Still that aside I had great fun and met a lot of intersting people, certainly consider it again next year.

We got raided by security as we had balloons and they heard us. They then asked if we had anything else, to which we said no, duh!, and then they left, but said they would do a full search if they heard ballons again.

I think they realised we were oldies and treated us with some respect :D However they did a full search on some kids from another tent near us.

I did get the canister back on Monday after getting a lecture about that stuff 'stopping my heart'... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fantastic Photos Ed! Really impressed with what you could do with that little camera of yours. :cool:
Cheers. It's a really superb camera, although I may have managed some better photos if I wasn't quite mashed/hungover most of the time! :D

We got raided by security as we had balloons and they heard us. They then asked if we had anything else, to which we said no, duh!, and then they left, but said they would do a full search if they heard ballons again.

I think they realised we were oldies and treated us with some respect :D However they did a full search on some kids from another tent near us.

I did get the canister back on Monday after getting a lecture about that stuff 'stopping my heart'... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well I was camping with my girlfriend and one knuckle dragger insisted on searching our tent including a good look in my girlfriends knickers. Didnt appreciate it one bit as it's not illegal and not against the terms and condition of the festival. Always nice to have aggresive veiled threats at a festival.

Glad I didn't come across any heavy security - seems they were concentrating on the campsite. We were in the van field and I never saw any security. I very nearly didn't come because of the heavy handed security (and dogs) two years ago, plus the fights I came across attempting to get back to the van at night. But so glad I did had a brilliant time, it felt like a completely different festie. Special thanks to all those we were camped with :cool::)

Great pictures Ed!

And yeah! Echoing what Stig said, I seemed to miss loads from those pictures. Didn't go in the yoot tent or bar tent/dance tent at night at all, and didn't go to pixie chill or really much other than Cash Converted. Still had an ace time though!

Really enjoyed that. Nice to see everyone. Earlier nights than last year, but saw more bands. Green Rock River Band and Fat Drunk Stupid were my favourites by far. :)

I'm chuffed so many of you made it down to see green rock and enjoyed us. :)
That's probably the biggest festival we've done so I think we were all shitting it a bit.

I'm chuffed so many of you made it down to see green rock and enjoyed us. :)
That's probably the biggest festival we've done so I think we were all shitting it a bit.

Not the best place to be shitting it :eek: :)
Note to organisers: cleaning the bogs once a day would work well if NOONE ATE OR DRANK ALL FESTIVAL.

STrange thing about the bogs - I came across two backstage that were blocked, but mostly everyone I've spoken to and seen online have been saying they were fine. With regard to security - we'll have a look into that one as we always do at the end of each festival - thanks for all your feedback :)

great festival - i was also there with boing playing with the Green Rock River Band, didnt think anyone was going to come watch us, so thanks to everyone who did :D

We dragged a fair sized urban gang down to see you guys. You may have seen me on the lovely blue dress that positively made me float over the dancefloor.

STrange thing about the bogs - I came across two backstage that were blocked, but mostly everyone I've spoken to and seen online have been saying they were fine. With regard to security - we'll have a look into that one as we always do at the end of each festival - thanks for all your feedback :)
The bogs by the vehicle field (next to the entrance) were the worst and were pretty much unusable for most of the time I passed by. The loos just the other side were generally fine though as were the ones inside the arena.

didn't have much of a problem with the bogs. the ones by the campsite were pretty much useable all weekend

The bogs in the main campsite were generally ok, apart from on the Monday morning - although that seems to be par for the course. However what I want to know is what goes through the minds of those who decide to "contribute" to an already chronically overflowing loo...:eek: Do they see the existing pile of other people's effluent and think to themselves "wow! that's a big pile! but you know what, it could be even bigger... I can take care of that..." :eek: :hmm:

The bogs by the vehicle field (next to the entrance) were the worst and were pretty much unusable for most of the time I passed by. The loos just the other side were generally fine though as were the ones inside the arena.

True - wonder why that was? :confused: A fair few vans must have their own bogs, but I wonder if it was just a higher number of customers per turdis?
Luckily the shitsucker woke me every morning, and I nipped out to have a go in a freshly cleaned one :D

Subhumans and Macka B playing. It's like my record collection of 1987 sprung back into life :D

What were they like?

i enjoyed what i saw of subhumans. need to check them out a bit more mind, because i hardly knew any of their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom