Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Emerging abuse stories

Wilf

Slouching towards Billingham
Okay, we've got the 'How Much Evidence Is There' thread doing sterling work on abuse networks and establishment. Long running, good behaviour apart from a minor recent wobble - very valuable.

Till perhaps yesterday we had the long running Savile thread, amongst other things picking up on general arrests, particularly slebs and other assorted news stories. Have the impression that worked till it got trashed over the last few days. Closed. Same battles ensued on the Harris thread. Closed.

Still might be valuable to have a thread to discuss emerging abuse stories - providing it isn't just a venue for the same shit that finished the previous 2 (and, of course, we all observe the FAQs with regard to the naming of alleged abusers)?

Okay, we've got the 'How Much Evidence Is There' thread doing sterling work on abuse networks and establishment. Long running, good behaviour apart from a minor recent wobble - very valuable.

Till perhaps yesterday we had the long running Savile thread, amongst other things picking up on general arrests, particularly slebs and other assorted news stories. Have the impression that worked till it got trashed over the last few days. Closed. Same battles ensued on the Harris thread. Closed.

Still might be valuable to have a thread to discuss emerging abuse stories - providing it isn't just a venue for the same shit that finished the previous 2 (and, of course, we all observe the FAQs with regard to the naming of alleged abusers)?
Surely these issues will also be being posted in the evidence thread making it a bit of a duplicate?
Can this not be the thread of argument and abuse keeping the evidence thread clean :) ?

Thanks Wilf.. hopefully it won't go the way of the others, I haven't anything to contribute much to the threads but they have been fascinating reading over the last couple of years. It would be nice if the House of Cards comes tumbling down and those bastards get their just desserts. What amazes me is that half of those that are being exposed are the ones my dad always said were "wrong 'uns".. must be a sixth sense ;) the same as a fellow poster said about his deceased father.

Surely these issues will also be being posted in the evidence thread making it a bit of a duplicate?
Can this not be the thread of argument and abuse keeping the evidence thread clean :) ?
Well, if it thrives/survives, it will be what it ends up being. However, I'd see this as being more about the non-politician/establishment stuff. More Variety Club than Westminster.

Hopefully (a) certain part(y)ies won't start on the evidence thread .. which may I add is the best thread and the hard work done by those on it is exceptional.

No.

I see no reason why any of these threads need to be "threads of...abuse". Argument is one thing, abuse quite another.

We've seen (twice) what happens, when threads become threads of abuse. It shouldn't take us three goes to realise the inevitable.

Personally, I would be very much in favour of maintaining the nascent policy we started in the last thread to be killed - that of a coherent policy of simply ignoring a poster who has already demonstrated a rather successful track record in destroying useful threads, should they be crass enough to appear on this one.

I rather feel like King Canute.
If you move your feet very quickly through the water, you will get cavitation on the trailing edges, thereby reducing the wetness somewhat.

(this may well have been the most obscure reference to a poster I have ever made, and long may it remain so)

Back
Top Bottom