Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Electric fly zapper tennis racquet thing

bimble

floofy
This arrived and im quite excited but also a bit terrified of it.
If I touch it whilst trying to murder flies what will happen will I die ?
So far 1 successful zap and there was a flash of bright light and a sort of bang noise, not sure if the fly died though.

8BACF161-B8AC-4162-8791-BF9B825BD8C1.jpeg

0EF1647B-C3CD-4722-BE7D-5142B4455DE5.jpeg
Is this even legal?

Pay close attention to make sure all flies are in good health before swatting.
Would be so annoying if one had a heart attack just before you got it and you inadvertently restarted its heart, giving it a new lease of life.

(A mangled version of a Harry Hill joke)

I find they only stun the big, fat ones that bother me the most. It's great at killing the little ones that don't really trouble me.
That said, once stunned you can just keep it pressed up against them and roast their insides good.

I’m rubbish at this game. How are you meant to actually catch the fuckers with the zapper ? Is there a method ? I’m sure they’ve multiplied.

I’m rubbish at this game. How are you meant to actually catch the fuckers with the zapper ? Is there a method ? I’m sure they’ve multiplied.
Don't try and Rafa Nadal them to Kingdom Come, that's why it's humming with electrification. Depress button to get that current flowing before attempting your swing. Steady swoop in the direction the insect is already going but obviously a bit faster. It will be caught and frazzled accordingly or knocked to the ground utterly relieved of its senses for you to administer whatever coup-de-grace you deem appropriate.

the only halfway reliable way i've found so far is to trap them under the thing when they're sat on a flat surface, then activate, so more of a slow fly than a zap. they do still light up pleasingly.

the only halfway reliable way i've found so far is to trap them under the thing when they're sat on a flat surface, then activate, so more of a slow fly than a zap. they do still light up pleasingly.
I think you should give them time to breed -> more flies = more successful zaps.

If they are fruit flies don’t bother with that thing. Get a freestanding electrocution grid. I had to get one couple of years ago. Very efficient. Though like an idiot did take me quite awhile to find the on button wondering why the flies weren’t dying.

download-10.jpg
my parents always had these dangling from the ceiling. I lost count how many times I caught my hair in them. (not washing out the glue and dead flies came in handy when later, in my teenage years, I went for dreads)

this is amazing. i need one but it doesn't actually kill flies obvs, not even in the video. but still.

I have bought one of those ultraviolet light ones that supposedly glow with a blue soft light and lure flies to their deaths. It's utterly useless and not caught a single one.
Flypaper tends to vary in effectiveness depending on where I put in the house, some places it doesn't catch a single one, in other they die in their dozens.
Sods Law is that the most effective killing grounds are the most inconveniently placed ones.
i have discovered legs still attached where they have torn their own limbs off trying to escape.
I thought they were much stupider than they are, flies.
I once discovered the corpse of the stupidest mouse that ever lived in my garage, it had got its leg caught in the moustrap by the main door and dragged that the length of the garage to stick its head in the one by the side door.

Haha, I do have The Executioner and on occasion I think it would be nice to have something smaller. But it would probably just give me a false sense of confidence and I'd knock even more things over than I do now!

I like the idea of the electric tennis racquet but I’m not convinced reading this that it’s more effective than a rolled up newspaper.

I like the idea of the electric tennis racquet but I’m not convinced reading this that it’s more effective than a rolled up newspaper.
It's better where you're so cluttered that you can't properly swing something without knocking 5 items or greater over. With the zapper you can slowly creep up on them and zap as well as swatting the shit out of them.

Back
Top Bottom